Fuel tanks

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by RaycerX81, Aug 22, 2009.

1. sbca96

sbca96 Veteran Member

Problem is, its not a baffled tank, does that little tray solve the fuel starving
    on turns and takeoffs?

Tom

2. SomeGeoffGuy

SomeGeoffGuy New Member

Is there some kind of drop-in baffle we could use? Or, the late GM fuel hanger assemblies use a "jet pump" to keep fuel inside the tank hanger pocket to keep it from cavitating. Maybe one of those would drop in. Anyone have an unmodified one laying around?

-Geoff

3. reedld

reedld Veteran Member

4. SomeGeoffGuy

SomeGeoffGuy New Member

Thank you for the links! That tanks inc baffle looks pretty good actually. It doesn't need to be anything fancy, plus it looks like they plum the return line into the baffle pan so it should stay pretty wet in there. Maybe if I sumped the tank with one of those Summit sump kits, then put the tanks inc baffle down inside of it. Hmmm...

-Geoff

5. motown 454

motown 454 Veteran Member

I'm doing an Aeromotive universal sump for my 69 tank with an out side Weldon 1100 A pump. It won't need to but it has the ability to suck fuel from the tank a short distance. Her's the sump http://www.summitracing.com/search/...sal-Baffled-Fuel-Tank-Sump-Kits/?autoview=sku
    I can't weld or fabricate but from what I see here a lot of you guys can make your own. The install instructions are on Aeromotives site. A member on PT Mkelcy has this in his car and said it works fine.