Garage find

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Scott Sievers, May 24, 2018.

1. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

Owning a car, is like owning a lottery ticket. it is a LICENSE to dream. Everyone needs a dream. In my case? I dreamed the dream. i built cars for other people, and I watched them live the dream. I went to car shows and saw cars I had built, and, some people knew my name. I was every so often associated with some of those cars. That was.... nice. But it wasn't my dream. My wife couldn;t see my dream, didn't understand it, didn't like it, didn't have a lot of tolerance for it. So, I HAD basically given up on that dream. She knew it, knew what it was, and always rolled her eyes in disgust.... Until she saw this car for sale. THE ONLY explanation i have, is that I had given up on that dream completely, and wiped it from my hopes, so NOW, NOW..... It was HER idea, and not mine any more..... That made it okay? Who am I to question fate?

Was it worth the wait... NO!
    I HATED building cars for old guys, but it was what I knew how to do. It always annoyed me to NO END that this OLD DUDE had the HOTTEST CAR in the world, and he drove it around afraid to squeal the tires. Putted to the drive in with his OLD wife, and putted home.. and I WAS the one changing the fouled plugs and trying to tell him he had to OPEN IT UP once in a while!!!!
    "OH NO! It has too much power, it scares me, so I drive nice..."
    "THEN GIVE IT TO ME AND BUY A FORD PINTO!"

Having the skill, the knowledge, and NEVER the money HURT every day of my life... When I gave up on my dream, I STOPPED going to car shows, swap meets, even races! I refused to watch NHRA on tv. Even nascar... because it made me want it... When YOU KNOW HOW to do something.. When you LEARNED how to do things, because those things were what YOU wanted.. and then you were denied those things.. it hurt... It left a big gaping hole in my life.. so.. NO, it wasn't worth it. Not even a little bit... I want all those years back to ENJOY MY DREAM CAR! Now that I have it, I will take it!!!! But, NOW,, I AM the old man with the hot car.... The difference is.... I WILL DESTROY those tires! I have a LOT OF TIRES to destroy to make up for lost time!

2. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like a great plan Scott. Light'em up bro

hubedobeedo likes this.
  3. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad you got to do it instead of complaining to Saint Peter, about the car you never had, let's start a gofundme for your tire expense, HAA HA

hubedobeedo, 71RSLS and RS1979 like this.
  4. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

nice story to read man, sad of the family choice but it's a good thing to do, gonna follow you.
    do you have a AFR meter with an wideband lambda so you can check ?

5. Scott Sievers

LOL Retirement funds all go to TIRES. No AFR gauge atm.. will have one installed when I get the stainless exhaust on it, going to put it right beside the boost gauge.

6. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

i feel your pain and so will my tires

7. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

my wife thought i was buying street rod but this is my 3rd 2nd gen ,i got it in 08 not done yet but she already said she probably won't ride in it .sorry for her luck! second one i had she drove it said it was to fast stopped to quick LOL GUESS I GOT IT RIGHT

8. Scott Sievers

second one i had she drove it said it was to fast stopped to quick LOL GUESS I GOT IT RIGHT

ROFL YEP! Sounds good to me! My son has an 89 Fire chicken he loves. When he came back from Afghanistan (Army) he had me build a 383 for it... The day we got it done, he followed my wife and I up to the restaurant, we ate, when we left, she told him, You have to drive my Yaris I am taking your car... we got in, she drove.. i told her to goose it and see if it would spin the tires... of course I knew it would... She goosed it, lit the tires, came around sideways.. she screamed, let go of the steering wheel, then backhanded me when I got hysterical....

71RSLS and dave@ztech like this.
  9. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very cool to see you got the blower! Sorry to hear of the 434 situation but at least you got part of the dream sorted out! I've been offered a decent price for my vette so I am really considering selling it so I can build my 354 and put a 671 on it. Tough choices. LOL Are you coming to Goodguys this year?

hubedobeedo likes this.
  10. dutch73camaro

dutch73camaro Veteran Member

the sooner the better, retard timing and good afr are very important for not melting the pistons. per PSI boost 0,75 retard..