Gen1 CTS-V calipers on a 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by CODENAMEBLACK, Jun 27, 2018.

1. CODENAMEBLACK

CODENAMEBLACK Member

This is the video going by.

2. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

The calliper mounting bolts pass through those holes to go through the bracket and thread into the calliper.

3. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

They are using an aftermarket drop spindle for their installation. The factory spindle is different.

4. CODENAMEBLACK

CODENAMEBLACK Member

Didnt even realize that. Reason why i need to do my home work! I truly appreciate your help!

5. CODENAMEBLACK

CODENAMEBLACK Member

Screenshot_20180628-192021.png

ThT

so doing some more digging, I stumbled across these brackets on ebay, contacted the seller who also happens to be the guy that did the youtube video I posted up earlier. Well sure enough these brackets will work! obviously with proper modifications to spindle and hub. company is called engineered velocity. so far that's what I got. ill keep you guys posted along the build.

6. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Those brackets are for the C5 Corvette 2 piston caliper conversion, probably the same for 6 pot calipers as well, Not the same as Cadillac/ Camaro Brembo, if those brackets are Aluminum I wouldn't use them, I'm going with the Camaro Brembo mod. Good luck in your search.

7. CODENAMEBLACK

CODENAMEBLACK Member

Yep, you were right these brackets will not work for my Camaro ss setup!.....back to the drawing board!

8. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Did you ever findout the info for brackets? Pics of install?

9. Zulu28

Zulu28 Veteran Member

Brembo brakes are not a straight forward swap for our cars, modifying the factory spindle to accept the Brembo caliper isn't worth the cost, to be honest I wouldn't do that mod anyway but that's just me! if you want to use your factory spindles use the Kore3 abutment brackets and choose a Corvette caliper, I have 2011 Camaro SS brembo brakes but I'm going a different route using Flynbye brackets, I'll need to use a 1969 style spindle for this to work either from Speedway or Ridetech