glasstec or harwood

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by Gladdo, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Gladdo

Gladdo Member

Dec 16, 2009
    alberta
    I will have to be getting a larger scoop for my 81 here soon and have been looking at cowl style hoods. the glasstec hood seems to be a shorter cowl than the harwood , and the harwood seems to be a boxier looking cowl. Is this just the way the pics appear or am i right? Also which of the two are going to give me the best fit. Ill let you know that at this point i am leaning towards the harwood even though it is a pin on. I am looking for some comments from you who have seen these up close or have tried them out for fit , and what i should expect for fit.How are the pin on hoods to deal with. :bowtie:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Glasstek all the way dude. Never had a problem with their fit.:cool:

3. Gladdo

Gladdo Member

Dec 16, 2009
    alberta
    have you used the harwood?

4. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Yup, which is why I went with a Glastek the next 2 times.;)

5. ATM

ATM Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Morris, Illinois
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is my hood I just got used. I have no idea what kind it is though. Not sure if someone can tell or not, maybe it can help you decide when they do. Anyhow, it is a bolt on that takes the front latch. Car is far from done so I can't tell you any real world experience on it either.

6. Gladdo

Gladdo Member

Dec 16, 2009
    alberta
    When i was looking i didnt see harwood having a bolt on hood , only glasstec. Harwood only had the pin on style.

7. Gladdo

Gladdo Member

Dec 16, 2009
    alberta
    well thanks, did some more research on here as well as your replies and ordered the glasstec. it will be here in a couple weeks.:)

8. motionwannabe

motionwannabe Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

VFN Fiberglass is Very good stuff and the craftsmanship is next to none. Hell, it doesnt hurt that they were the supplier of most of MOTION Performance
    fiberglass parts:bowtie: