Global West SFC not like the video

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by mk3ricks, Apr 13, 2019.

1. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

This is a 1975 Camaro I have the GW 902 Subframes and was wondering if others on this site have installed Global West SFC and what there results were?

Today i mock installed my Global West SFC and i have some questions on clearance. In the video it shows them pulling the SFC back to gain tighten up the clearance at the torque box/leaf spring pocket area.
    The best i can do is about 5/8" inch clearance at the rear because if i move the SFC back like they show in the video i start rubbing the brace under the front seats and that clearance is tight at an 1/8th of an inch.

thanks for looking

Attached Files:

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

460792BA-D368-44B0-A734-152C80529EE1.jpeg 460792BA-D368-44B0-A734-152C80529EE1.jpeg They are bolt on connectors...tubular at that. That’s how they are...if you want max ground clearance you need integrated connectors like Detroit Speed. IMHO...you won’t have issue with that. I don’t think it’s the lowest point of the car. Here is my 78z

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
  3. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

OK finally Monday arrived and I even took a sick day to get to the bottom of this so I patiently waited until Global West opened (3hr time difference) and I got Scott to help me
    after taking more pictures and swapping left to right he went to R&D all of them confirmed there should only be an 1/8 clearance between the SFC and torque box/spring pocket area so what the "F"
    there conclusion at this time is I need the 70 to 73 SFC (#901) My Camaro is a 1975 and I have the (#902)

If you watch the video they pull the SFC backward to make the tight 1/8th fit I cannot push it back any further as the SFC hits the seat brace (see pic)

So I called Summit and the #901 SFC (70 thru 73) from Global West will be here Wednesday .....I'll update the results

Attached Files:

4. 79T/Aman

79T/Aman Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

don't expect them to have 1/8" to the bottom, here is a pic of GW connectors from a distance you can see a big gap between the connectors and the bottom of the car.
    upload_2019-4-16_9-42-17.jpeg

5. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

Did you contact GW about that?
    They were awfully adamant about the 1/8 clearance. As I try to push my SFC back it starts rubbing the seat brace and wont go any further is that why you couldn't tighten up that gap?

6. 79T/Aman

it's not my car, and from what you are saying they don't know the year break down, it's not 70-73 it's 70-74, in 75 GM moved the rear body bushing forward 3 1/8" and the only difference is actually in their front bracket, ALL, again ALLLLL frames are the same length so regardless of what year the connectors are for, at the rear will be the same ( this does not apply to CE connectors).

7. mlburk

mlburk Veteran Member

that formula lookalike s**t

8. Dichard

Dichard Member

Was rummaging thru the forum and stumbled across your thread, have to say, I’m wondering myself about the fitment, if they are suppose to be year specific, that should fit a heck of a lot better. Curious about how the fitment is going to be with the 901’s . I have a 70 camaro and am curious, hopefully global west isn’t blowing smoke, cause I was going to order those sfc for my 70, but if there connectors don’t fit as advertised, I may have to go to something else.

Attached Files:

9. 79T/Aman

these are the best fitting and strongest connectors on the market without cutting through the floor. GEN2 connectors.jpg

10. 79T/Aman

why?