glove box light

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by bob licher, Apr 14, 2012.

1. bob licher

bob licher Veteran Member

Feb 28, 2010
    lake havasu az
  2. bob licher

Feb 28, 2010
    lake havasu az
  3. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    pretty sure the third one has a light . it is similar to the factory non ac light . the bulb was part of the plunger switch . with the A/C glove box that light was unusable as the plunger side was blocked off . the light had to be a remote unit . the second AM picture i posted ( post #2 ) has the bulb as part # 3 .. the non ac car with the optional glove box light had the light bulb in the plunger switch .

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. BB81Z

BB81Z Veteran Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Aurora, Illinois
    My 81 Z has a lens in the hole previously listed. Not really clear like say the dome light, but more of an opaque cover just translucent enough for light to shine thru. Whether it was clear at one point, I don't know. I have seen other cars with and without it. Mine is still in there but to be honest I don't know how. It fits rather loosely and I don't always drive the car easily. I can see how it can fall out and get lost into obscurity. lol.

5. siberbunak

siberbunak Veteran Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Istanbul TÜRKİYE
    me too :D

Man, this is a never ending story isn't it? Everyday you find something new to buy :D

6. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    I looked all over the place for one of these (repop or original) and finally gave up. My new plan is to fabricate one, if anyone is interested.

Alternatively, I've looked at glove boxes for other cars, but havent found one yet that I think would be a good alternate fit.

7. bob licher

Feb 28, 2010
    lake havasu az
    Glove Box light & lens

I would almost bet that if someone had the time to research the GM inventory that the used the lens some place else, like chevy truck, or an olds wagon. I worked in engineering (Design), the company had a standard library. maybe you could "cross" the part No.to another.Or just do what I did, and make one from a license plate light. Bob Licher

8. Buickfunnycar

Buickfunnycar Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

9. CDesperado

CDesperado Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Dallas Texas
  10. twozs

twozs Veteran Member

Aug 5, 1999
    hopewell jct ny
    looks different than mine .