Good deeds....don’t go unpunished

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by gramps, Jan 17, 2020.

1. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

So we are in the midst of a knarly snowstorm (weatherman would have you believe Armageddon or worse but this is Minnesota for F sakes. It’s cold and it snows here. Want a “bad” snowstorm? Check out western ny) but anyway. I stop at the grocery store after work for a couple things and when leaving, I see this old guy stuck and trying to dig out with his 6” ice scraper. So I get all Good Samaritany, and stop and get my shovel out and solve the problem.
    He drives away, I get into my truck and take off my gloves.....only to hear a horn blowing and I look up to see that same old guy going down the wrong side of the “entry/exit” separated by a curb and median, and head on into a car!!!!
    Then in complete disbelief, I watch as he backs of a few feet and TRIES GOING FORWARD AGAIN RIGHT INTO THAT CAMRY!!!! I get out of my truck and start running over there as he’s backing up AGAIN, I watch in absolute horror as he tries to go around, but wedges his van against the curb and her car and drags the side of his van across the corner of the Camry until it was stuck again!!
    I might have startled him...as I was banging on the side windows yelling stop stop! But hell he couldn’t hear a horn blowing nor see the headlights in his path or figure out what the hell he hit that stopped his forward progress so why the hell did I think he’d hear me?? But anyway....cars are now piling up in the roundabout and adjoining streets, so i open his door, and guide him backwards until he’s free of the curb/car and SHOULD be able to pull into the parking lot. He misses and gets stuck on the ****ing curb again. At least now traffic has cleared, I get him into the lot next to the girl he hit and wait for the police. Gave my report, and told the officer I don’t think he’s able or should be driving, told her I would personally come back and give the guy a ride home if he would leave his van there until better weather, and to call me if that was the case.

So for my good hearted efforts, I got delayed getting home 2hrs, had to talk to the police, calm a 20ish something girl down (who was NOT dressed for the weather as indicated by her yoga pants) which was equally offset by having to deal with McDimentia guy and topped off with a 45 minute drive(normally 15) dodging other a-holes in the ditch and the police/tow trucks on site to pull their dumb asses out.

jeff swisher and Smokey15 like this.
  2. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Any pics of said yoga pants????

Smokey15, younda, carr911 and 8 others like this.
  3. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

You're a stand-up guy , Gramps.

roadrace2 likes this.
  4. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I was hoping for some frozen tittie tuesday as well.

5. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

Ya, I used to help a lot of people back in my early years, now I just drive by. Most of the winter road warriors think their little 4 wheel drive SUV's can do anything my Suburban will do. No f-ing was in he** that going to happen. Let them get stuck and call the tow guy. The last time I did the right thing by turning in a wallet full of cash I found I took it to the local cop shop where they made me feel like a criminal and though I stole it, f-that. Next time I keep the money and just go on my merry way.

jeff swisher and gramps like this.
  6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Hang in there. It will eventually move east and out of your area. I got lucky on this one. The snow so far has stayed just east of me. My Son 100 miles east of here is getting the snow and the high winds. I have had 35-50mph winds since yesterday afternoon, but they aren't a problem as long as the snow stays away.

Try to look at the good side. Weather like this helps "keep the riff-raff out" as we say in North Dakota. Crime likely dropped to zero last night because it was too cold to go out and do stupid stuff. Two days ago the temp here was -22.

7. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

You took a beating this time but next time you may be a life saver, literally. Inside, you konw you tried to do the right thing.

roadrace2 and gramps like this.
  8. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I feel better now,I thought only crazy sh*t like that only happened to me!!!!I'm still waiting for that karma thing though- Kudos to you gramps!-Later Steve!!

gramps likes this.
  9. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

Gramps, ya dun good kid. You will be rewarded at some point. Karma.

roadrace2 and gramps like this.
  10. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Well it’s not going to stop me from helping, that’s just how I am. Sometimes it drives the wife nuts but I just tell her that if it was her in the ditch that I’d HOPE somebody would stop to see if she was ok.
    And maybe I did save a life sort of.....dude could have gave himself hypothermia, or frostbite (no gloves) or worse gets himself freed and then gets down the road and into a really bad accident instead of right then and there.
    Who knows.