Guess what happened at work today?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by RS1979, Aug 23, 2019.

1. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I work at a Toyota dealership in Memphis. I am in the parts department. We had a customer drop off his car complaining about his shifter not working properly. It's a 1998 Avalon. The tech test drove the car then drove it into the shop. The cable needed replacing. When he pulled the floor shifter from the console, he found a sandwich bag with a fist sized amount of cocaine under it. The guy also had a Glock with an extended magazine in it. The police were called and they arrested the idiot. What's bad is he had his daughter with him. What an idiot!!

Next story. The young lady who takes the deposits to the bank and buys change for the front counter was assaulted when she got back to the dealership. Apparently, they followed her from the bank to the dealership. When she got out of the car, one guy tried to grab her and force her into their car. She got away and made it inside.

This isn't normal in this area of town. It's making me want to keep my 9mm compact in my pocket. I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

2. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Lmao yeah that dudes an idiot. I bought a 84 cutlass probably 12 years ago, got pulled over on the way home with it the previous owner had warrants. Whatever didn’t think anything else about it till a month later I was pulling the dash for parts and I found a half dozen sandwhich bags of weed stuffed in there lol.

Hope they nail the ftards that pulled that on that lady though. Wtf is this world coming to.

3. CorkyE

CorkyE Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just talked with my sister that lives in Memphis, it's a different scene over there. :(

4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

We had a guy in the 90's that came to the parts counter with a long gun to get his money back, well he encounters my fellow tech who was in the military and my buddy took his gun away in like 5 sec. then poked him in the face knocking him to the ground. When I asked him where he learned that he said he was an MP, Ok that's why.

5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Way back in the 90's while doing HVAC one of our installers on a public assistance job found a guys 9mm,drug stash [way more than personal use] and his "log book" for customers in a box wedged on the ductwork he had to rework.I would have put it back when done but this guy calls the boss -tells him to take it to the police station!.Next day the "customer" calls our shop says your guy took my gun and drugs! Boss told him its at district 4 police station.
    Unbelievably the guy goes there demanding his "stolen" property back!! Turned into a big legal thing-court for owner and installer to testify/invasion of privacy/theft allegations to the company,and then the daily company "lockdown" because they threatened to shoot the place up!
    Long and short after this episode,Boss says if you see it/put it back you didn't see nuthin' There have always been stupid/dumb people
    I can just see this clown at the police station saying some one stole my gun/drugs and customer list-you have it-I want it back!!
    Yikes-Later Steve!!

6. xten

xten Veteran Member

Long time ago I worked at a body shop/ used car dealership. Shady lookin guy dressed like a pimp asked the shop owner if he wanted to buy his Seville. He looked very nervous. Shop owner offered him half of what he wanted and the guy took it. Speedo wasn't working, so he told me to get it out to get it repaired. As I was rooting around in there to get the gauge cluster out, I felt two bags, thinking they were insulation. Pulled them out and they were full of pills. I set them on top of the dash, and didn't know what they were, nor did I care or want to know. There were 2 young kids working there, one asked me what they were and could he have them. He took them, and we didn't see those kids for 2 weeks. Turns out they said they were LSD25, a thousand hits per bag. One of the kids had a brand new motorcycle when he came back. The other looked like 10 miles of bad road.

7. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I lucked out once. I bought a retired police car at auction. Took it home, cleaned it up a bit and took the decals off. It needed a little bit of work but not much. The interior was in good shape so except for taping off cut wires from the lights and radio, it was as I bought it. I sold it to a guy at work. He got pulled over for speeding and the K-9 officer that pulled him over had his dog with him and it was getting excited during a walk around. A couple of other cars showed up and when they pulled the back seat out, there was a big bag of cocaine. The last run before the car was retired the guy arrested shoved his stash down the seat and the cop didn't check it. I didn't check it and my co-worker had to explain where it came from. They could see the marks on the paint where the decals had been as well as remnants of the car number. It had been their departments car and traced it back to when it was last used by them. They finally cut him loose but he was MOST annoyed with me. Since then, I pull the seats just to be safe. I do paint them now because I was informed about an Indiana law requiring cars to NOT be a unique police paint scheme if owned by a non-government entity. They weren't rushing me as long as I could show I was getting ready to paint it.

crown vicprepaintleft.jpg

8. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I just recently went to court for a new-ish client... helped keep his hind-end out of jail (for real). He comes in Friday and wants to talk about wrapping up his 2018 taxes... the gist of the conversation... he doesn't want to pay the taxes on the income he gave us all year, can't afford it. I tell him that's really not my problem if he blew the money he made and point out to him that his numbers don't make sense as they are... and then I ask for his POS reports so I can tie out sales and deposits (at this point I'm pretty sure he's lying to me about what his true sales are). He gets all huffy... "you told me you understood how my kind of business operates"... light bulb comes on... he MEANT that I understood that he was going to steal and not report income and be a part of it.... I meant I understand how the business is supossed to operate when you're not a f-ing thief trying to evade taxes.

Firing him Monday.

People actually believe that you can beat the system. MAYBE pre-1960 you could beat the system... not now. And I don't associate with liars or no theives.

chevyJeff1 likes this.