Guess What We Got Yesterday

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by danbrennan, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

This is my little pug Mick(he’s black irish) & his pig toy that we have to sleep with. Follows me everywhere, unfortunately even my “office”. I was on vacation at the lake house last week, so needless to say he was bummed as he watched me leave for work today.

914C6588-4818-4282-A2BA-C2B2E86622DD.jpeg

2. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

Sasha and Samson, Sam is actually my oldest sons but spends most of his time at my house. image.jpg image.jpg

3. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

This is my 8 pounds of terror, Chico. He was abandoned and about two-years-old when he showed up at our house in 2015. It was July and very hot, even in the morning. I was watering the yard and he jumped out of the bushes. Startled me pretty good. He wouldn't let me near him, so I put some water on the porch and went inside. Came back out a half hour later, moved the sprinkler, started going back in and I felt like I was being followed. There he was again. Got some lunch meat and then we were friends. I let him inside because of the heat and he made himself at home.

He was skinny as a rail and looked pretty weak, so I took him to a vet to see if he was microchipped. Nope. But there was a lady there that did adoptions and she said if we could foster him for a few weeks, she would pay for all his shots. So I said okay. We had a fence but it hadn't been doggie-proofed yet. Besides, I'm not a small dog person and we had planned on adopting from a shelter. I've had medium to large dogs all my life so I was very unsure about a Chihuahua. But after a week, I just couldn't give him away and put him through more sh*t. So we paid the lady back in full. If her plan was for us to keep him, it worked. 20180624_154437.jpg

He was real good in the beginning. I told my wife it's not always easy to find a good dog. After that, then he started tearing sh*t up. Chewing on the runner carpets and worst of all, my wife's antique furniture in the front room. But after a while, we didn't care. All that stuff can be fixed or replaced. Probably why he was abandoned in the first place.

He's very protective, but very friendly. Once you bribe him with food, he's your bud for life. He's good with small and medium-sized dogs, but goes completely ballistic around large dogs. He's stopped a few in their tracks around the neighborhood. I don't think those dogs are scared. Probably just that they don't know what to think of this snack from hell.

Not a day goes by that he doesn't make me laugh. It could be a very bad day and he'll just look at me and I'm laughing. I can't help it. So glad he's part of the family. One of the best decisions we ever made.

TommyRS70, Shizzle, xten and 3 others like this.
  4. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Before she went into a nursing home, my mother lived in an apartment house where the manager had a Chihuahua. Some of the residents were mentally challenged and some of the men had scared the dog so it didn't like men. I generally ignored it even when it would nip at my boot heels. One time I was having a bad day and didn't feel like fooling with it and when it started yapping and nipping, I turned around and stomped my foot and yelled "NO". It took off and hid under the managers couch. As I was leaving, I felt a little bad about it. I needed to talk to the manager anyway and saw a little nose sticking out. I picked up her squeaky toy, got her attention and tossed it down the hall a few times. After that, she was my buddy. They may look like rats but treat them right and you'd got a loyal friend.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  5. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

0918191922d.jpg Leo Leonardo ...1 year old in July...One of our 5 furry family friends...Lot's of joy, for sure!

6. shanghai Kid

shanghai Kid Veteran Member

A regal looking fellow

gramps and TommyRS70 like this.
  7. TommyRS70

TommyRS70 Veteran Member

0915191732.jpg A bit of a knuckle-head too!

xten and Knuckle Dragger like this.
  8. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

Ever notice how a house becomes a home when there's a 4 legged friend there?

danbrennan and BillyDean7173 like this.
  9. sprink

sprink Veteran Member

Had this guy- PICT0104.JPG She passed & I adopted my Daughters mini dachshund.
    IMG_2909.JPG Been quite an experience.

10. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

gracie.jpg
    Gracie our 10 year old English Bulldogge comes in from trying to run with the puppies for 20 minutes, throws herself on the tile and barks and growls at me like I'm what made her tired and hot. She always wins because I HAVE to rub the belly, it like rule of nature I think.