Handgun experts info/feedback?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Devildog, Aug 16, 2015.

1. deltachevy

deltachevy New Member

No thread, or individual persons opinion should weigh very heavily on the firearm choice you make. There are a lot of Glock haters on here, which I'm not surprised by, but before you go writing them off, shoot them for yourself. It IS true, you either f'n hate them or you love them.

You need to feel whats right for you, it doesn't matter what I suggest or the majority talks crap about, but with that being said.........

I myself personally love Glocks. Never had any FTF's with my current 17. I've owned at one point a 17, 22, 26, 34 & 36. Im in the market now for a Glock 30.

On the flipside I've owned Taurus, Ruger, S&W, etc.. in 9mm, .40 and .45, but nothing ever felt so right as the Glock - so thats what I go back to.

Good luck with finding the right gun. It's out there, sometimes you just have to hold a lot of them before you find THE ONE - like women.

2. n00b

n00b Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Currently own a Glock 21 (with a conversion slide to also shoot .22) which is totally cool and worth it.

Owned a Glock 27, nice but I would go with an XD.

3. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The best thing to do is go to a range and rent one to see if you like it. That's what I did before I bought my XDS.

4. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Handgun preference is like an opinion of favorite brand of tools. Most of them will do the job, but some will perform, feel better and last better than others.

I've shot my fair share. I'm a diehard Sig Sauer fan over any other. I have a few polymer guns that I find NOTHING wrong with. My original handgun is a polymer frame Sig .40 cal that has lived 99% of it's 16 year life in truck. Any/every time I've taken it out to shoot, it's never failed to go bang...and it's always been as accurate as it was when new. This is even on days where the inside of the truck reaches temps of 140*F. Gun has never failed.

All that said, I know a lot of people who swear by Glock. Me? They're not for me. I actually have a Taurus PT111 G2 that I like more than any Glock I've ever shot. It is an awesome CCW.

5. dcart1

dcart1 Veteran Member

I have owned or shot a 9mm, .40 and 45. The 40 and 45 has the almost the same recoil so much the same I cannot tell the difference so if you want more rounds go with the 40. My 9mm was nice, but like most gun people you always should start with a smaller caliber and work your way up as you get used to it or you won't be able to hit a barn, sort of speak, then you will sell it or quit shooting in no time.

6. biggjay96x

biggjay96x Veteran Member

Lots of PD are switching to 9mm. Checkout the FBI's report on 9mm ballistics

7. 81 Sport Coupe

81 Sport Coupe Veteran Member

Don't know much about glock's, but my SW 1076 10mm is a good defense gun, I believe it was an FBI issued gun, I don't have to reach for the leaver to release the magazine. I held a few glocks and they just didn't feel comfortable in my hand.

8. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

I fully agree with you 1000%. I have held a good number of the compact and sub compacts and I like a couple of them... One being the Shield for sure.

But it seems like the Shield has better "reviews" than the other couple I was looking at.

So taking in count that I like how it feels, I like the trigger, and everywhere I turn I hear/see people saying the shield is a great little firearm.. Those comments helps to sway me towards the shield..

But like I said it was one my "list" in the 1st place. I was going back and forth with 4 diff. compacts/sub compacts and just trying to figure out, out of those 4 that I liked which one was the better gun, better buy, etc