Has anyone done an all Digital guage setup?

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by WBowie, Feb 9, 2006.

1. SpeedAddict02

SpeedAddict02 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

any pics? I was gonna use the digital dash from a 3rd gen, but changed my mind.

2. jb

jb Veteran Member

[​IMG]

3. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

hey jb, mind if i pick your brain about your installation? cyberdyne discontinued that dash kit a while back so unfortunately you can't buy it new anymore. i bought mine years ago and just recently have been trying to get it all set up.. it looks awesome tho!

anyhow, did you use your stock senders for the oil pressure and water temp when installing your gauges? and how difficult was it to set your fuel gauge? i think i might have a bad sender as my oil reads EE. i've been trying to find someone kind enough to take a photo of those little white adjusting knobs on the green circuit board to give me something to go off of... know of anyone?? :)

noticed that your speedo says 4. mine also bounced around when in idle, but read somewhere that if you wrap the wire from the sender to the dash in regular old aluminum foil and electric tape it'll help insulate it better. my gauge used to jump around like a tach when i reved it while in idle. but not its pretty solid. it still fluctuates between 0 and 2 sometimes, but that could have just been a sloppy insulation job by yours truely..:screwup: hope that's some helpful info for ya

4. jb

jb Veteran Member

oil must be your sender I think you can still buy stuff from cyberdyne I purchased there oil sender I believe summit has one that will work too.
    I will check. the water temp was stock my fuel gauge I set up so at empty I still have a 4 gallon researve. speedo has always done that at idle and I have no idea why.check out http://www.cyberdynegauges.net/

5. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

i called cyberdyne about the oil and they said that it should work with the stock sender. i dunno, didn't seem right to me but i figured it was worth a try so i bought another oil sender (only $5 from autozone) and put it on and still get the error.. if you can double check, let me know if you have an electric sender. if so i'll spend the $30 to get one and see if that does the trick. i suppose if all else fails i can always send the gauges back to cyberdyne for their techs to take a look at it. although the gauge set is discontinued they have excellent support and will repair at no cost.

so if you're ever dinking around on your camaro take a look at the oil sender you have and let me know. if electric. and if you happen to feel the need to take the bezel off, snap a couple of pics so i can see where those white adjustment knobs are pointed. :cool:

6. jb

jb Veteran Member

my oil sender is electric and is from cyberdyne and they have it on there listed on there site I called them and bought it directly from them. they also list jegs and summit as vendors for there stuff

7. CCorne1

CCorne1 Veteran Member

8. jb

jb Veteran Member

yes that would be it

9. scomell

scomell Member

I just put the Dakota Digital dash in my car. I think it looks great. It also calculates 0-60 times, 1/4 mile times, 1/4 speed, and top speed. They have a way to calibrate the Speedo buy driving a measured mile. The kit went in easy and it had all the parts. I would look into it. It is $$$, but well worth it. I don't know how to out in a pic, but e-mail me and i can send you one.