Has anyone seen these yet?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Oct 29, 2019.

1. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

at a shop charging $100/hour that's only 165 hours

2. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

Don't forget the cost of the panels the shop has to fit as well.

351maverick likes this.
  3. QUAKE_WARS

QUAKE_WARS Veteran Member

No portion may be used with or without permission
    HOLY S()T, I dont even charge my customers that much!! WOW:confused::cool::confused::cool::eek:

4. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I hear you - Mini-Tubs are at most a 40 Hour Job

5. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Well you have to account California rates lol. One place I think was called Coach Works charged $120hr.

Yeah, it wasn’t cheap. Basically disassemble rear suspension, clean it up, cut old out and install tubs. Then for the Quadra link, cutting the frame frames, welding in all the brackets...yeah a lot. I checked out my share of possible locations and all the same hourly quotes.

Even at 40 hours that’s a $4800 tab

6. SS Performance

SS Performance Veteran Member

Depending on your state you might have to register it as a 2019 with all the BS that is required. I know they do that with some kit cars.

7. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

My bet is they will get a vin/title/trim tag from a donor and install it,unless the body supplier somehow lets the "authorities" know who they sell them too.Even then I'm sure the states aren't concerned about it,only when it becomes a criminal matter after the fact IE fraud/etc.They have WAAAY bigger fish to fry.
    I commonly see 69 Camaro "title with extras" sold/advertised, even on e-bay,one sold for $1,250,now nooobodys going to pay that for a lone title.The listing also gave trim tag details and that it was a base v-8 car not a copo or x code etc- Was sold for "historical" purposes only-LOL-Later Steve!!

8. djorgensen3

djorgensen3 Veteran Member

A cowl replacement panel seems to always get some negative comments on here because of removing and reinstalling the VIN but using a "donor" car for the firewall and cowl/VIN panel and this "tub" is better? I don't get it. I definitely understand the appeal of it though. All brand new sheet metal and no rust to contend with would be nice.

9. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I see the majority of buyers of these and the first gens are going to swapping VINs. Now I know that’s a contentious topic, but if your car is swiss cheese And you transfer everything on to this body and scrap the remaining parts from the other car, I really don’t see an issue with it. It’s a age old debate what is ok and what is not. I have seen article write-ups on cars that the only OEM piece of sheet metal on the car are the floor braces. Moving a dash and vin over to a solid replacement body versus building metal around a dash and Vin is the same thing. Your not really swapping vins, your replacing all the bad metal.

this is basically how grave yard cars restores all those Mopars

10. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

what a nice lawn ornament that would be