Has Anyone Used The QA1 Pro Coilover Systems Fronts?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by krabben1, Mar 26, 2020.

1. krabben1

krabben1 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ive been mulling these over.They bolt right into stock stamps,and allow you to adjust the ride height.
    Does anyone have experience with these specific ones?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/qa1-gs501-10550c

Im thinking either them,or the slightly lighter ones on my full iron bb 72.Im going to aluminum heads later in the year.

2. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Maybe check with speed_m5. I thought he told me he was using QA1 on his 73. If anything, he seems very knowledgeable about these kinds of mods.

3. Michael Sammy

Michael Sammy Member

I have QA1's in the front of my 81 z28 and it was worth it in my opinion. Car rides just as good my 08 Dodge avenger. I have a stock 77 trans am and there is a noticable difference in drive quality and the trans am is more or less the same as a Camaro as far as suspension goes.

krabben1 likes this.
  4. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

I have those on my 69 camaro and love them !!
    I had those crap Vikings on before and I should have bought the qa1s from the start!

phenomenal tech support and phenomenal parts!
    Love qa1 !

5. krabben1

What weight did you go on yours?

6. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Weight ? For the springs ? 450 I had 550 before but it was too harsh

7. krabben1

Thats what Im wrestling with.I can get it in a 500,550,600,650,and possible 7.I have a harsh ride now,because of giant super mega wonderful detroit springs.
    Im all iron right now,with the RS front,no air.I was wondering if I went 600,I could soften it with the dials.I dont want my nose flopping around though,which it did when I installed new,correct,BB springs.Thay lead me to the springs I have in there now,which I had to cut just to get it back to earth.It handles great,just not as smooth as Id like it.
    Unfortunatly,I have no idea what spring is in there now as it was a custom thing they offered a few years ago.I guess I'll email QA1 again,get them to commit to a number for me.If it doesnt work out,hopefulyy theytll work with me later.