Hello fellow gear heads I'm in the process of buying rims 18x8 front 18x9.5 rear I

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by Patrick1971Ls6, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Patrick1971Ls6

Patrick1971Ls6 New Member

I'm shopping for tires and have no idea what will look good as far and height and width goes, I'm ruining stock height on suspension, Riddler brand
    STYLE 651 | 651MB
    MATTE BLACK/MACHINED LIP
    18X8 | 18X9.5
    I would like a tire that fits under the wheel wells, my rear is 1 inch on each side narrower due to retrofitted 1969 camaro rear,got it for a great price 10 bolt 411 gears mint condition 400.00.any help with brand and tire size would be a great help. I also have like new tires with old style 14 inch SS rim and SS OEM gauge cluster with bezel and working gauges, if anyone needs them.Thank you Patrick

2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am interested in seeing the response as well as I bought rims with the same size. You should post some pictures of the gauge cluster, and a price as there may be a lot of interest!

3. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Put your for sale stuff in a proper thread in the classified section please.

Since you modified the rear track you'll have to measure for proper fitment. What other guys have done is irrelevant now.

Tire choice has a lot to do with how you plan to use the car, how much power you are running, and budget

4. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

fronts you will probably be in the 245/40 area...or 235/40. REAR you MIGHT get a 295 in there...but usually 275 is all your going to get on a Camaro

5. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

I was able to fit 285 in the rear

6. camaro71/holland

camaro71/holland Veteran Member

295/45/17 here on a 9-3/4 BS with MT ET Street.

Pretty tight though, so centered the rear axle. Was shifted 1cm to the PS, so moved the brackets 0.5cm to the DS.