Help! EFI fuel line options

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by Cataldo, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Cataldo

Cataldo Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am lost when it comes to what to do about fuel line for EFI conversions.

I scored a lightly used Quick Fuel QFI TBI EFI system for a lightly used 2004r converter (That was too loose for my liking) and $300. This is the system FWIW https://www.quickfueltechnology.com/quick-fuel-injection/qfi-base-kit-polished-aluminum.html

This system will probably go on my '75 Wagoneer First, then when I build the 5.3 I'll swap it onto either my Camaro or the Mustang. My plan is to swap this thing on ASAP for as little as possible, the Wagoneer already has a good 3/8 feed and return line system on it and vented tank which makes life much easier.

This is the pump assembly I am going to run https://www.novak-adapt.com/catalog/fuel-system/fsj-fuel-module/ (The non regulated one as I already have a regulator).

How can I not spend a fortune running AN hose the length of the Wagoneer?

-Can I somehow reuse my metal lines? Is this safe?

-Are there some economical and quality line options? (Preferably not shiny Stainless)

-What do y'all recommend?

2. hot72rod

hot72rod Veteran Member Gold Member

You can reuse your metal line and there are 2 ways of doing it. First you can use EFI approved rubber line with proper clamps or you can use -AN fittings.

3. Manicmechanic03

Manicmechanic03 New Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Portland, ME
    I used Aeroquip AQP socketless hose and fittings when I plumbed my car. A little cheaper and way easier to assemble than regular AN fittings.

4. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Rustburg, Va
    You can get everything you need from O'REILLY'S , Advance Auto or Auto zone to run your existing lines. They have a whole rack of brass fittings. You may need to fab up a short metal line with metric bubble flare on one end and regular inverted flare on the other, but it's not hard to do.