Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by hillbilly75, Dec 29, 2013.
That is looking good!
Thanks! Finished up the fender patch and I think it turned out pretty well.
While I had the welder out I patched the thin spots that the replacement roof had. There were two areas plus a couple of pinholes that looked questionable, so everything was taken care of at once.
Been so cold lately that I had to wait till Sunday to get a decent day in the garage. But I managed to finish up the patch for the sunroof.
I also got the rest of the old skin off, it took some measuring to figure out where I wanted to make the cut for the replacement skin.
I had already sanded and coated the under side of the roof skin with POR-15.
This how I ended up, it's almost fitted but I just ran out of time.
Finally after a lot of trimming and stressing I got the fitment I wanted for the skin. It's nice working with GM sheet metal, just some hammer and dolly work along with a check of the window trim I'll be good to go to weld it in.
If you look close the front window lip doesn't quite line up in the picture. That is because I had taken the skin back off to coat the structure underneath and just set it back on there with clamps.
Here is the roof structure all welded and coated ready to be covered up for the last time. I hope once I get a nice day out in the garage I never see this again.
Here is a better shot of the window lip fitment:
Since I can't just work on one thing at a time I ordered up backing plates for the S-10 rear disc conversion and installed them. Got get around to ordering the rest and get it put on.
I also started drilling spotwelds for the cowl replacement. It's not in bad shape except for the ends so it's be easier to do the whole piece in one shot. Nothing pic worthy yet on that though.
Killer work. Doing a great job. Hope all this work doesn't relate to a trailer queen. I'd like to see you smoke some tire in it!!