Holley....made in China

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've always preferred holley over eddy performance parts. With that said, if I order an American companies parts and get Chinese crap, it's going back without question. I've bought plenty of things knowing full well it's not American engineered, manufactured or ripped off from another company. Usually, it's lack of choice. It's sad to see the bottom dollar being more important then quality parts from a reputable company.

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Think about the Companies Holley owns like Hooker , MSD , Nitrous oxide systems and Weiand just to name a few that will be affected

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
  3. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

4. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

these are brands owned by Holley:

Holley
    Hooker
    Diablosport
    Flowtech
    Weiand
    Earls
    NOS
    MSD
    Racepak
    Accel
    Mr. Gasket
    QuickTime
    Hays
    Mallory
    Lakewood
    Edge
    Superchips

5. Camaro75LT

Camaro75LT Masshole Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

So a quick internet search came back to their Facebook page located here:

Holley performance Facebook

I am not a Facebook user. However, their are three reviews that can be viewed without an account explaining poor quality and customer service. Maybe someone over there would like to explain what's going on. While you can't make everyone happy all the time, you can piss everyone off all at once.

6. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I spent a lot of money to import parts Made in America directly from American market, and when it comes to open the boxes and read "Made in ..." (other countries) is a big disappointment!

7. falloutboy

falloutboy Veteran Member

Jason, believe me, in the US its still quite good.
    Remember that EU law states to NOT write made in china or something else on it, BUT the importer has to be stated in a fashion that it seems at least like its made in the EU.

But indeed rather sad to hear that crappy products are sold.
    I am not a big fan of offshoring thing things, but if you do, send a whole bunch of QA guys with it, to get a quality product.
    This way its still "china cheap" but good quality. Its all in the QA and the requirements the manufacturer gets, whether in the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, Austria, China, Japan.

8. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

There was a spell - about 5 years ago when the ethanol would dissolve the cast aluminum. We took a new carb apart and the internal parts were falling out of it, especially, the metering block.

9. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

That is just the way it is today. Brand name no longer matters on a product. Very few of them are made in the US.
    Electronics pretty much all comes from the Orient. It doesn't matter if you buy Chinese Special brand or Apple. Auto parts are the same. Harbor Freight and Ford get their parts from similar manufacturers off shore.
    I'm hearing that even the overpriced Snap-On tools can be Chinese today.

Whenever possible, don't buy anything new if you want US products. Shop for old used stuff and you can still get what you want.
    I try to buy old greasy used car parts for my projects. Junk yards and garage sales are great sources. For tools, I have a little local tool guy who runs a small shop selling only used tools. Most of the stuff in his shop is old enough to be US made.

10. Goodwrench1965

Goodwrench1965 Veteran Member

If you don't like the quality of a product you purchase by all means send it back. The complexity of details involved in decisions made in the process of producing products is elaborate. I can understand the desire to promote domestic produced products. The Japs almost killed my grandfather and probably shortened his life. I never the less recongnize the Japenese now produce some worthy products. When we give consideration to the American worker I'd ask what about in my view the most important American worker? Me! What about making my hard earned money go as far as it can? It just is a complex situation not as simple as buy exclusively product produced here.