Holley....made in China

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Z28zz383

Z28zz383 Veteran Member

MSD is made in the US and is owned by Holley, so not all their stuff is foreign made. We just have to weed thru it and buy just the domestic parts. Old time American company's, like Holley are facing the conundrum of keeping pace price wise with their competitors or going for the Made in America followers like many of us old timers tend to be. We created this by buying cheap junk. Now we have to reverse it by shunning low quality parts from where ever they come from.

2. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

As bad as it is. I bet the engineering is still done in the US
    It's not like the knock off heads that seems to be copies of name brand heads made cheaper. Jim

3. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

@falloutboy: I know.. and your speech is flawless but I guess that it is in proportion of what you expect from where you buy! Maybe I'm a romantic sort of but when I buy in US simply I don't expect to receive a thing that is don't proudly made in US; when I buy in EU I don't expect that 100% of products are quality made. I know maybe there is a lot of ingenuity in this, but I spent 30% more of the tag price to have a spare part that goes in my car like a charm and when that part is ugly or bad quality or I have to modify it to mount it (see the inner door handle in Cowman thread http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3466646&postcount=1099 ) allow me at least to be disappointed.

4. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Thinking about what I said earlier; even if the Chinese made products that were as good as the US made, I still wouldn't buy them. Each product you buy from them takes a job away from an American.

5. jthomas

jthomas Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

+1^ This. I have been doing a lot more of this lately. Sometimes its hard because you can't get a lot of stuff anymore that isn't made in China.

6. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

One of our former Strap On dealers was flaunting the new line of "Dual 80" ratchets a few years ago and I called him out when I didn't see USA anywhere on them. His response was "must be the teamsters forgot to put that on them."

:rolleyes:

7. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Imo & ime Mr. Gasket products have always sucked, which is why I lovingly refer to that company as Mrs. Gasket.

8. 1BAD78

1BAD78 Veteran Member Gold Member

I guess I'm glad I stuck to QuickFuel and Edelbrock parts.

9. Overtrained

Overtrained Veteran Member

Im a manual trans guy and I cant believe I recently spent almost $500 on a Hurst Competition Plus shifter and install kit to find "made in china" stamped all over the box!

10. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Try and find a ignition box now , since Holley owns accel and Holley just recently acquiring MSD that just bought out MALLORY doesn't leave to many options for onshore built ignition boxes