Hood Gap

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by GoldenOne7710, Aug 19, 2019.

1. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Actually yes. I had just finished installing the roof rail and door seals before I took those pictures. This was a Metro kit I bought from Fbody Warehouse about 10 years ago....just now to the point in the restoration to put them in. FWIW, I used brand new door hinges too....AND those are Goodmark skins and fenders too.

cisco 1 likes this.
  2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Great Job!
    Good to know about the Metro product. (I've seen good reviews on them before.)

It was 25 years ago and Metro (local to me) was still in the development stage with their weather strip for F-bodies when I replaced mine.

I have no idea who I actually ordered it from but it has held up very well.
    It's just a bit too stiff to ever get the doors to set in as nicely as yours.

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  3. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'd leave it the hell alone. GM didn't care. I ordered a new 77 Z28, 78 Z28 and 80 Z28 and it was fine.
    If your not entering a concourse show with 100 or 1000 points total show then leave it and enjoy it.
    IMG_2456.jpg IMG_2457.jpg IMG_2458.jpg

4. cisco 1

cisco 1 New Member

i have 2 goodmark new fender for my 73 but i am looking for gm passenger right now . everyone say goodmark fit like crap . your seam ok for what ye can see . so maybe i will try my new goodmark that hare siting in the top off my garage and see how it looking . my gm driver fender is perfect only need passenger but they seam very rare .

5. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I cannot emphasize enough how good of a body man I have that made mine fit as well as they do. This man is an absolute wizard with sheet metal. You've heard the term too perfect? Yep...we're almost at that mark.

6. asicerik

asicerik Member

One trick I did on mine was to move the core support where it attaches to the subframe. In your case, sliding the core support back a hair might nudge that gap open.