Hood insulation for air-induction hood

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by Mitch'80Z, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Mitch'80Z

Mitch'80Z Veteran Member

I just got off the phone with Repop (Clark industries). The rep told me that since Goodmark has been reproducing the Air-Induction hood from the 80/81 Z-28's, they are going to make a dedicated hood insulation pad for it.

It will be made of the same material GM uses and even from the same contractor GM buys from. The pad will be die-cut to match the Goodmark hood dimensions. As long as Goodmark's hood is a faithful reproduction of the original GM hood, everything should fit nicely. Does anyone have a Goodmark air-induction hood?

The rep made no mention of price, but said that he should have more details in about a month.

I was going to buy a standard pad and cut to fit, but I think the die-cut version should be a cleaner look.

------------------
    355 cid; World S/R Torquer heads; 9.3:1 Flattop hyper's; Comp XE262H; Weiand A+ intake; SMI custom Q-Jet; B.W. ST-10 4sp; Centerforce D/F clutch; Hurst Comp. Plus shifter; 3.08 posi; Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust w/ Jet Hot coated Hooker Comp's.

2. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I bought a standard pad for my 80Z but have not installed it yet, I would like a Factory Look pad when it becomes available! I didn't know the hoods were being repoped.

------------------
    78Z/28 done up like 81 383,350T...
    80Z/28 in restification 355,350T vortecs....
    1971 Firebird in waiting
    2002 T/A WS6 A4
    Got my new shirt how 'bout you?
    www.geocities.com/z28f41/ AOL IM Secondgenmanic

3. Mitch'80Z

Mitch'80Z Veteran Member

I didn't know they were making the hood, either. It's not on their online catalog.

------------------
    355 cid; World S/R Torquer heads; 9.3:1 Flattop hyper's; Comp XE262H; Weiand A+ intake; SMI custom Q-Jet; B.W. ST-10 4sp; Centerforce D/F clutch; Hurst Comp. Plus shifter; 3.08 posi; Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust w/ Jet Hot coated Hooker Comp's.