Hooker / Holley's new 2nd gen LS set-up

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mikes70, Nov 20, 2013.

1. old93camaro

old93camaro Member

Fixed, found out the wide tab of the poly bushing has to be up and tiny tab down.

2. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Looks like the poly bushing are backwards.

3. old93camaro

old93camaro Member

yea I just typed it lol, thanks I had to fix it could not go to sleep with that pn my mind

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

I wish their instructions were more clear on which way they go, thanks for posting those. Remember the tab on the mounts goes into the notch on the bracket, I already advised Holley to put left and right on the brackets

5. old93camaro

old93camaro Member

yea I know, good kit by the way I'll report back when install the headers in z-bar...

6. mikes70

mikes70 Veteran Member

Sooo, Keith got the middies from Hooker and swapped them out:

from this:
    [​IMG]

to this
    [​IMG]

So, I'll loose a little bit of hp, but gained 1.5 to 1.75 additional ground clearance....

7. la-rue

la-rue Veteran Member

wowzers, that was hanging very low! so is that the norm for the 70-74 kit with long tubes?

8. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NazstyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

Holley screwed the Pooch on those headers, I got that set and Mike was the First one in the world to get them, and they sucked. The Mid length ones touch up just slightly below the frame by about 1/2- 3/4", I wan also able to creep his mufflers up a little higher, he is hard un his underside!

We have a great combo of parts for the 2nd gens to get better ground clearance for all of you out there.

BTW Mike is almost the proud father of a Mini tubed DSE quadralink suspended 70 Camaro. For all you purists out there... We sliced and diced his ultra rare 70 RS/SS and even chopped up its original 12 bolt! Blame it on Chevy for not giving us a 4 link from the start!

9. Protour-Camaro

Protour-Camaro Veteran Member

Interesting the holes are in such a way you can install them upside down. The OEM brackets orient the same way, but can't install them wrong. Those tabs being aligned with the bracket is the same as stock. Almost goes without saying, but a note couldnt hurt.

10. mgs1971

mgs1971 Veteran Member

Headers are so expensive for this kit.

I have asked before but now that it has been on the market for a while I will ask again...
    Will stock exhaust manifolds from a 4 th or 5th gen camaro work with these motor mounts? A friend offered me some Corvette manifolds but they look like they exit in exactly the wrong place and will hit the frame.
    Thanks,
    Mike