How bad are the drivers in your state

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Lowend, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

And, just last year after making noises about getting rid of our ridiculous Catastrophic Claims fee, the jackasses in Lansing raised it instead. It's like they want to keep the honest insured, legal drivers off the roads so those with no license or insurance have more space to cause crashes and hit and runs. So, lets make it even more expensive to tempt more idiots to drive uninsured, etc. BTW hit and runs are up over 25%.
    Sorry, Rant over.

2. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

Guess none of you guys have driven the 495 loop around Boston between 5am and 7pm on weekdays? Theres a reason they are called massholes..lol bumper to bumper@90mph.

Worst Ive seen though is downtown Manhattan, NYC. Worst drivers ever are the cabbies and bus drivers.

3. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I have driven truck while in the Marine Corps and as a CDL truck driver in many states and countries. And there are always who have issues driving .Especially in bad weather. I understand that because I also use to train people to drive as well. I just wonder if thy got there license out out of a Cracker Jacks box. So I drive with the thought of what the stupidest thing to do.And most of time they do it.

carr911 likes this.
  4. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Oh yes, MCCA is the issue I've written our elected representatives the most letters about. I've talked to several people that just drive around without insurance, because it's too expensive. The MCCA system is just dumb.

Smokey15 likes this.
  5. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

As a regional commercial driver, I mostly drive in GA and SC. I can agree with that report of GA ranking in the top 3 of most aggressive drivers. However, I'm shocked to know that GA is rated 48th on the list of most dangerous. The I-285 Atlanta perimeter has been often mentioned by truckers as one as the most phucked up roads in the US. We call it the "Watermelon 500" for good reason. I'm thankful that I don't ever need to go to Atlanta very much. Maybe twice a year.

I have to admit (brag) that I have it pretty good. I rarely drive on interstates. When I do, it's usually a 50 mile shot on I-20 through Augusta, GA to SC and back. 80% of my trips are suburban to rural roads, mostly up in the hills of the Great Smoky Mountains. Hard to beat the scenery I get to enjoy on a daily basis.

carr911 likes this.
  6. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I have driven in NY for 40 years. I have driven all over the country. Boston was pretty wild. Atlanta, LA, Chicago and others are pretty bad. Montreal - want some excitement? Head on up. But, by far the worst and most dangerous is Florida. Interstates 4 and 95 - hang on for dear life. This morning I was on I-95. I was in the middle lane going 80 and attempting to keep up with traffic. About a minute later, a group of cars passed me. They had to be going 100+. Its nuts down here.

Cardinal, carr911 and Dave Nelson like this.
  7. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

^^^ I agree I4 & I95 are the Worst, I don't how they keep it flowing, there should be an accident a second!

8. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I've lived in upstate NY most of my life (except the four years in the US Navy where I lived in Virginia for 2.5 years).

Albany NY is full of ass wipe BMW, Audi, Mercedes drivers that think they own the road. Syracuse: running red lights and stop signs is a way of life. Binghamton/Johnson City/Endicott: no turn signals, stealth cars (no headlights on at night) is TOO common. Ithaca which has 22 red lights (and I mean RED lights) on the Rt 13 that goes through there! Canadian truck drivers who go 90 mph in blinding snow storms. NJ drivers who tailgate. Pa drives who are LOST even in a parking lot! Add to that women drives on cell phones asking their girlfriends "what ca' doing" while wandering all over the road!

bfmgoalie likes this.
  9. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

you made me remember the Ithaca Red Lights! Add in Snow for excitement!

Cardinal likes this.
  10. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

Interstate 481 in Syracuse is exciting! And more excitement - Exit 35 off I-90. Carrier Circle. No one seems to know how to handle a traffic circle!

Cardinal likes this.