How bad are the drivers in your state

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Lowend, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL, I was up there last year on business (Global Foundries plant), and I thought- man, they went all-in on traffic circles here. The crazy thing though- I was watching the fuel gauge on the rental Mazda 3, and it stayed in the high 30s, even on my 3 mile trip to work. I spent $11 on gas for that week, and that included a trip to Saratoga (15 Church... man, the food is something else).
    So, I was laughing less after watching the fuel savings. They're nuts in a busy town, though (I recall from my days in NH and Maine).

bfmgoalie likes this.
  2. BonzoHansen

BonzoHansen Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Seems like a challenge lol

3. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I'll be in the Saratoga area from March 6th to the 11th. Moving back "home" asap. Two doors down from 15th Church is the Country Corner Cafe. Go there all the time with my daughters. Lived about 10 miles south of Malta in a town called Clifton Park. Was there for 43 years.

4. Cardinal

Cardinal Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The original traffic Circle" in Johnson City, NY was a disaster which they bypassed BUT made a smaller circle to replace it.

When I was driving fuel truck in the early 1970's, I used to have to go in an out of that circle seven times a day. That's seven from the four lane to Shipper's Road then back through the circle from Shipper's road to the four lane = 14 times through it!

I saw it all! Second car sees an opening and goes hitting the car sitting in front of them. People going around, and around, and around, and...……………….. People going the WRONG way around it! Through the middle of it through the grass! Trucks rolled over!

Then the NYS DOT installed a circle in downtown Binghamton that replaced five signal lights! OMG! What a cluster F that is! AND it's too small a diameter for tractor trailers to negotiate!

They're a beautiful thing! NOT!

5. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member