I’ll never understand people!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by badazz81z28, Apr 14, 2019.

1. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

A couple things I've witnessed.

Not too long ago, I stopped at a Dollar General store (they put these things out in the country to intercept the locals who would normally drive to "town"). You guy...maybe 20ish...pushed a shopping cart from his car up to the front entrance and just gave it a shove, then turned his back and walked away. The sidewalk area had an ever so sligjt slope to it that sloped back toward the parking lot. As simple physics would have it, gravity slowly, but surely turned the cart around and it began to roll back into the parking area.

The further it got, the more speed it picked up. It ended up following the guy all the way back past his car...and as soon as he opened his door, the shopping cart knocks the piss out of the car beside his. I could see from where I was at that it put a considerable sized dent in the car. I watched him walk over and look at the damage...get in his car and start to leave.

I quickly backed up and pulled in behind him, temporarily blocking him in long enough to snap a pic of his tag. He sees what I'm doing and he jumps out raising hell. I just waived and left to drive around the block. When I pull back around, he's gone...so I go in the store and asked who was driving the car. I little old lady said it was hers. I provided her with the car's description and tag #, the driver's description and what I saw happen. Also gave her MY info in case she needed a statement for her insurance or police report. Never heard another word about it.

Long before THAT incident, me and the wife went to see her dad in the hospital. We had parked in the parking deck. While we were walking down, I noticed a minivan attempt to pull into a pretty tight spot between 2 vehicles. The front bumper of the van caught the passenger side rear door of a brand new Dodge Magnum.

So, instead of stopping her van to assess the damage, she backed up...doing further damage to the Magnum. She threw it in Drive and drives on up on another level. About a minute later, she comes back down and exits the parking deck. I got her tag # and called the cops. They showed up in less than 5 minutes.

The cop called in the tag number and they call back what/who it's registered to. Turns out, not only did I give a bang up description of the driver...I also nailed the color, make, model AND YEAR of the minivan...and also where on it they would see damage.

I received a call from the Dodge owner's insurance agent about a week later for a recorded statement of events. He was singing high praises for what I did. Said as far as he knew...the woman went to jail for it.

2. xten

xten Veteran Member

I was writing an estimate on damage from a grocery store parking lot. I asked the lady if she found out who did it. She handed me a note the person put under her windshield wiper. It said; "I'm writing you this note because people are staring at me. Good luck finding me".

3. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Wow!!

4. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

If that happened to these same asshats, where their car was damaged, they'd be the most pissed off, screaming, indignant jackasses ever.

xten likes this.
  5. 72BIGBLOCK

72BIGBLOCK Veteran Member

Okay that’s hilarious but mest up !!

6. Dentguy

Dentguy Veteran Member

I personally like door dings.... of course that’s my livelihood!!!!;)

7. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

There are people who are in their own little world .And plain just don`t care,

8. xten

xten Veteran Member

People have no respect for property. Sometimes even their own property. I was in a parking lot and saw an elderly gentleman let a full shopping cart go. Rolled about 10 feet downhill and smashed into the quarter of a newer Camry. Stopped me in my tracks. It actually rocked the car. As I stood there staring, he reached in his pocket, got out the fob, and opened the trunk. It was his car! Just started loading up the trunk like he's done this before.

9. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

TV shows, and some commercials show the 'across the hood slide' instead of the person actually going around the front of the car, which takes soooo long. So, a few years ago my zero common sense, never held accountable for his actions, grandson damaged the hood on the family mini-van 'being cool'. No repercussions, of course.
    Another thing, I get a 'kick out of', are the commercials where the way-too-busy soccer mom exits the car, with her hands full, turns and kicks the door shut. That's what cool moms do, right?

10. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I had a door dent about 8" long from a new Buick next to me at the grocery store. They must have thrown the door open pretty hard. The idiot did not even move their car after doing it. It had my black paint all over the edge of their door. I was going to wait for them to come out of the store to explain themselves but, it is private property. No cop will come out and do a report so it's on me and my insurance company to fix the damage.
    The doors on the Buick crossovers are pretty tough but, they dent eventually.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    dave@ztech and Smokey15 like this.