I’ve been laid up so:

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by zfool, Aug 30, 2019.

1. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

The first one I stopped watching is "Gas Monkey" and the second is "Fantom Works".

zfool likes this.
  2. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

i watch garage squad occasionally, but its like every other show.
    my favorite is when they rebuild an engine in the garage, and they all stand around for "first fire." engine starts, waves timing light around like a light sabre, runs for 30 seconds or so, and its all "good to go." so first fire is actually first fire after the cam is broken in?

zfool likes this.
  3. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Garage squad OBVIOUSLY has a wheel and tire sponsor that has alot of overstock! Ever notice EVERY car they do get "gotts put some cool wheels n tires on there".....UH NO!!!! you don't ...the BONE stock 1968 GTO with the ORIGINAL Rally's is much "cooler" than some cheeseball alum wheel...(yes stance is required as are the right tire)

zfool likes this.
  4. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

And along the same line with most of these shows, the manual tranny comes out and an automatic goes in. Takes out about 90% of the fun in driving the car.

zfool likes this.
  5. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I thought this would fit here,just came back from cruise night,[I own a 72 std z/28] guy asks me if its a 70,I replied no its a 72.I was then schooled on how 1970 Camaros had the ugly full bumper and people didn't like it and sales tanked so they came out with the 70 1/2 which only had the split bumper!!!! I just nodded my head and asked how he knew it? He said misfit garage did a "70 1/2" and Tom explained the differences!!! I thanked him and pointed-Squirrel!! he-left-Later Steve!!!

roadrace2, carr911 and BillyDean7173 like this.
  6. danbrennan

danbrennan Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lately I've actually enjoyed Roadkill the most. Reminds me of some of the my adventures with cars in my youth. The other car shows I've pretty much stopped watching, unless they're working on a second gen Camaro, a 442, or a C3 Corvette.

tom3 and zfool like this.
  7. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

Road Kill, Top Gear, we laughed are asses off at the robot car lol. Then there’s another. Damn I can’t think of it. I like Graveyard Cars too, not sure why.

8. twestrup

twestrup Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The only shows I enjoy are Detroit Muscle, Engine Power and Trucks. No drama, just people that work on cars for a living. Great info for sure.

zfool likes this.
  9. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

because Mark is kind of a dork......KNOWLEDGEABLE, excellent work, and doesn't seem to get into the "custom" stuff of hack n whack everything to death. I'm not a fan of the "super custom" stuff.... just really clean, massaged....oem.. not too far from "base". But that's MY opinion. (and we know what that's worth...lol)

10. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I’m not even sure they’re on anymore other than YouTube.

Garage Squad is local to me, and I know someone that was on there. The dude they did the lifted 60’s K20 where they put the engine in with a forklift.
    He owns a towing & welding shop, he was very much capable of doing all that himself without their help.

The golf course they went to tear around in, the owner had recently bought the property.