I hate craigslist sellers sometimes

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Shizzle, Sep 6, 2016.

1. night rider

night rider Veteran Member

I deal with the flip side of that, all day long. People texting me asking if I have this or that, the price, then for pics, address, etc then never show up.

Calling would solve a lot of the prob. A call can be done faster than all the texts, then once on a call if buyer wants a pic, I can go take it for him.

I can't speak for your seller, but just to give you an idea. I get 20-40 calls or texts per day and only 1 out of maybe 25 turns out to be a sale for me. So most of my time gets wasted by jerkoffs. I do respond to all but I reply faster to the ones that call of course, talk plane and clear, and sounds like they know what they are looking for or wanting.

I mean I had one guy call and ask if the "full skeeters" I have will fit his 90 truck. It took me talking to him on the phone for 15 min to figure out what he was wanting/asking about.
    Full = fuel
    Skeeter = injector
    His truck... '90 chevy 1500

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. MotionClone

MotionClone Veteran Member

When Im shopping for something on C-list I give preferential treatment to those that txt and rarely contact someone that requires a phone call.

Txting and emailing have many advantages over phone calls.

3. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I doubt I'd recoup my initial investment, right off the bat 3 main pieces were no bueno.

4. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

I contacted a seller on a trans the other day. No pictures, no info, but its a muncie. Also have a borg warner. If you need any more info, come by and look for yourself. Its about 75 miles away. No thanks! If I really needed one, id make the drive. Thankfully ive got two in the shed. Jim