I purchased the OER RS conversion kit.. it sucks... alternatives I have found.

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by jkhall, Mar 23, 2018.

1. jkhall

jkhall Member

Me too.. lots of fears. does the reward outweigh the risk?

2. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

No link. It was a private purchase. I already own a OER nose and it is for sale at a loss.

3. jkhall

jkhall Member

LOL yeah.. mine will be too.. as soon as I figure out an alternative.

4. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I'd rather be wrong at $479 than at $999. Check out the return policy for both vendors. Then e-mail them to confirm. That way you have it in writing.
    First, I have no dog in this hunt. Never bought anything from either vendor, don't know them, don't work for them, etc.
    IMHO, the Custom Works piece only has to fit the header and lower valance. The Anvil piece has to fit the LH fender, RH fender, lower valance, and hood. Two vs. Four. Keep in mind any brackets and rad core support.
    All that versus which one you like better and how much money do you have. Doing it once will save you time and money right off the bat. Having regret and changing your mind later could be costly.

5. jkhall

jkhall Member

agreed... a nose is the simplest. as long as there is good return policy then that is the best method. Both of them have to custom make it so 4-6 weeks wait. test, if not good, then another 4-6 week wait. If they "both" have a good return policy, I can order booth. test Custom works first, then test the other and keep the best one. :) done in potentially 1/2 the time.

I have 4-6 weeks before I 'need' the nose as the car won't be ready for the road until May..

6. McCune

McCune Veteran Member

I would have a full bumper front end before I ever put some fiberglass front on. That's just me. Be careful all this aftermarket stuff is mostly garbage.

7. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. Best of luck and let us know how it works out.

8. 70-camaro

70-camaro Veteran Member

I see now, sorry. That is a awful fit.

9. Slyone

Slyone Member

Don’t do up22, there stuff is about equal to oer. Bought a nose cone from them hoping to avoid the cost of a rubber nose for my RS and needless to say it was a waste of money and ended up in my garbage can.

10. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Was the kit a whole kit? I mean is the nose OER as well? Does the upper and lower valance fit ok? Looks like it does? If the nose is original (they shrink and deform over time right?) that may be the issue. An aftermarket nose might fit..

I used a STD valance from AMD and it sucked too....Not even the same dimensions! Some people will say it all requires body work even NOS...I don't buy it. I ended up buying a GM upper valance and it fit perfectly. I get everything will require some work to get laser straight gaps etc...but the part should at least slip into place.
    http://nastyz28.com/threads/official-amd-a-panel-review.297582/