I saw the most amazing, unbelievable thing today.

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I was in the garage doing a deep clean on the pigsty I call a daily driver and I noticed a bunch of Jehovah's Witness walking the neighborhood. Of course I knew what was coming and if I'm already out in the garage I don't mind if they say hi. An old couple started walking up the driveway and I watched them out of the corner of my eye to see if they were going to the door or to me in the garage. Then, strangely enough, they saw the do not disturb sign and turned around.

That's one out of 6 solicitors that I know of that had enough respect not to bother me. I almost wanted to chase them down and invite them in........almost. What's next are please and thank you going to make a comeback?

2. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

I have a "NO SOLICITATION" sign on my door, when people knock on the door I ask if they can read the sign, most say that does not apply to me. I then ask if they have a high school or collage education, most yes, I then tell them to get a refund as they did not learn much and should read the dictionary on what the word "NO SOLICITATION" means. Most of the time I slam the door but now that I have a really nice door that has a window from top to bottom I will use my new sign that my son bought me. It says in big letters "GO AWAY".

3. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Funny how none of them think the sign applies to them isn't it? I get the same thing. I had a solar salesman tell me that he ignores the signs because "people really want to hear what he has to say". I generally get nasty if they ring my bell and get the dogs going.

4. Shizzle

Shizzle Veteran Member

I don’t have a sign on my door but probably should. I’ve answer the door with my .45 in my hand to just being a plain dick to them and slamming the door in their face.

5. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

The one that raised my blood pressure, that passed me off, was when the doorbell rang at 7:30A ****ing M on a Sunday. Incessantly ringing of the 125 yr old mechanical doorbell. At 7:30 am on a Sunday.

Boy oh boy. The house or the town had better f’n be on fire.

In the nicest way I could ever possibly muster I said “no thank you” to their political campaign Bs they were slinging, and closed the door.

I was halfway back up the stairs when I heard the screen door open and something jiggled the door knob and the bell rang again. I won’t say exactly what’ happened but
    Stopped me dead in my tracks. The dog knew better than to stick around. I’m sure the assholes that rang the bell the second time and tried to open my ****jn door were not expecting a dude in nothing but his drawers to deliver that much of an ******* chewing.

71RSLS, dave@ztech and jeff swisher like this.
  6. ol' grouch

ol' grouch Veteran Member

I haven't had trouble with Jehovah's Witnesses in years. I'm a Lutheran but my sister told me to tell them I was Catholic. They haven't been back since.

7. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Veteran Member

There's people that would have invited them in just to legally put a bullet in their heads after they checked the door to see if it was locked.

8. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

i like to answer the door with my .45 in the small of my back...then pull the "yeah MAN....anybody with you...?....how did YOU get HERE?...sorta fast and bouncey ...like a paranoid coke head...looking around everything.(think Jack Nicholson As good as it gets.....add about 2 lines of coke)...lol....most just make a very VERY short pitch.....lol..

9. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

I have a "No Solicitors" sign on BOTH sides of my mailbox and more than once I've been out in driveway working on one of my cars and someone will walk up the street, look RIGHT AT the mailbox, and then start up the driveway! Hasn't happened in a while but I used to get JW/LDS/you name it ALL the F'in time!

I carry all the time these days even if it's only a .22 Magnum loaded with Federal HS hollow points! Someone tries my doorknob and I hear it the Mag makes a nice loud "click" when I pull the hammer back! Come through that door if you want. The 9mm has one in the pipe so if I'm carrying IT no warning...

10. bracketracer-78

bracketracer-78 Veteran Member

My brother in law answers the door then just stares at them and doesn't say a word. About a quarter through there pitch they leave and don't come back because they think he is mentally unstable, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.