I want my cinnamon twists!!!!

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by 72'z'steve, Aug 25, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

I think we should have a "unhinged person of the day" post as it seems I see at least 2 a week in my travels!
    I've mentioned before we don't do much fast food for reasons that are obvious please no comment on that,but this one is from taco bell yesterday.I guess the $5 chalupa box does not come with cinnamon twists now,it changed Friday as they tell people upfront that as of friday they no longer are included.Found this out when lady in front of us went ballistic about it and said she got them included last week-uh huh.I mean every eye in the place on her and not a sound to be heard.She was unhinged I actually felt sorry for the manager trying to reason with her.I wanted to tell her there was an executive order limiting the import of said twists,but thought better of it and wifey and I simply left!
    I also had a crazy arguing at the gas station about the quality of their car wash[they don't have one there] but I've rambled on too much-Later Steve!!!

2. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Man I’d swear there’s been a full moon for at least the last week, and somebody spiked the towns water with lsd here too.

3. 72'z'steve

I know you managed work in parts store so this one you'll like last week.My local O-reillys deals 70% wholesale,manager IS a car guy,knows a lot.Workers are retired guys who know more golf than cars but have great customer service skills [normal human interaction years ago] now its unheard of.Anyway Steve the manager is cutting me some fuel line a "guy" come in throws a flasher I guess at the counterman then rattles on a tirade about the cheap MF parts they sell.BLAHH BLAHH,Steve the manager comes up front-I motion to him to handle Mr Mouth-I'll watch.Mr Mouth has purchased/returned 2 "flashers" for his pick up neither has worked including the original!Steve talks to him asks the simple questions,did you replace any bulbs,when did this start?After I installed my LED tail lights,is the answer.I'm old but I guess the low wattage of LED can make the flasher circuit not sense enough current to work-makes sense to me,my tail light out no flashie.Mr Mouth then pulls his $1000 phone out starts bitching at it to find said info and sure enough he does,now he's bitching about who sold him the tail lights that they should warn buyers etc [probably chinesium ebay stuff] Mr Mouth then says I need a refund on this anyway I don't need it! Steve gives it to him,he just leaves storms out no simple sorry man I was steamed or even a thanks man or such.Steve told me I should have seen the woman who brought in a battery she bought at menards there for "free installation" because the banner says free battery installation-she went nuts!!!I feel for you guys,thats why I try to be a nice guy when I get "normal" or better service and give compliments/praise-must suck to be that angry and mean all the time-Later Steve!!

4. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Every purchase made in this country should include a 5 gallon bucket of cinnamon twists.

roadrace2, 72'z'steve and Dave Nelson like this.
  5. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

Or a 5 gallon bucket of water to pour on people's heads to cool them down.

roadrace2 likes this.
  6. 72'z'steve

The problem with that is once they get their bucket,they will then feel entitled to a barrel!!
    Good news for the day went food shopping and discount tire for a repair no crazys today-though it is raining buckets,like gary said maybe that has cooled them down LOL-Later Steve!!!

7. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

i sort of came unhinged last time i ordered a Pizza, but it really wasnt that bad, but i spoke with them on the phone, not in the store making a total ass out of myself.
    I ordered a "buffalo chicken pizza, with pizza sauce." I got the buffalo chicken pizza, however it didnt have pizza sauce on it, and i think it sucks when it doesnt have pizza sauce. Unfortunatly, i didnt notice until i got the pizza home, safely sitting in my kitchen. Why i didnt look in the box when i picked it up, since this is the second time they did it to me, is beyond me.
    The girl admitted it was her fault. Thats cute and everything, they told me they would throw a new one in and to come pick it up. Yeah? How about you deliver it asap? Nope, too busy. I thought they might stand up and go out of their way to make it right, but sadly, no.
    I sort of feel bad for stores that get a bad internet/facebook review because someone feels entitled to their cinnamon sticks, or doesn't know how to do any thing other than change parts, and go back to the store to replace the same part with a new one over and over, or gets a pizza order wrong.
    I didnt jump on the net to complain about my pizza order. However, i would have jumped on the net to thank them if they delivered the correct pizza.
    They did ask me if i wanted to take the first pizza home as well. No thanks. i didnt want that pizza, thats why im here picking this one up.

8. 70rs00z28

70rs00z28 Veteran Member

Well I hear a few negative interactions here I have to post one of my positive ones. I was back visiting my mother in Rocheser and I usually stop at this BBQ joint that we both like and pick up a platter of some sort. Well I specifically asked for extra on the BBQ sauces and even asked the girl at the counter when I picked it up if they were in there, she assured me that they were, dont know why I didnt check myself. Anyways I continue on to my mothers house about 12 miles out of town. We open everything up and sure enough no sauces. I called them up to inform them of their mistake very kind and everything. Well the owner happens to be there at that time. He informs me that he is personally going to drive them out to us. I was absolutely amazed what a stand up guy and GREAT customer service. The place is John Hardee's BBQ on South Broadway. I went on several social media websites and reported what a great owner and outstanding customer service.

9. Earlsfat

Earlsfat Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Nahh... 5 gallon bucket of cinnamon twists and a ice cold bottle of holy water to wash it down with. Them thangs are the work of the DEVIL!!!

10. 72'z'steve

I think a lot of the interaction is how it is handled,I bet when you called them you didn't start dropping the f bomb and berating them and going crazy the second they answered.If you did,click problem solved,nice/civil guy I'll take care of you.When I was in service industry and customer was of "I need help can you help me" attitude I'd give you the shirt off my back.I think most people are inclined to help others but things are changing when the first thing that happens is take a pound of flesh out of your rear before I give you a reason to [cinnamon twists never fall into this category] and sadly things do decline.I was told the woman with the battery came in loaded for bear-I suppose your banner is false advertising!!! first thing she said-sure she was a couple other places.Steve told me they would have installed her battery as they were slow/build some good will/customer relations if she didn't come in @@@@@ing about how crooked they are the second she broke the plane of the door.Reminds me of road house-"be nice".Running sauces out to you is a stand up thing is above and beyond!!Sounds like a great place and I bet they are successful because of it!! Later Steve!!