Ideas for next daily driver???

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by BLUE72CAMARO, Oct 19, 2015.

1. mjoc

mjoc Veteran Member

Get a 4 wheel drive truck....

Michael

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

3. Paint Fumes

Paint Fumes Veteran Member

I love my 08 CTS. All wheel drive, handles great and gets awesome mileage.

4. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I don't understand the "love" for the Buick's. Sure they are reliable - but they are boring cars.

The OP has been using a Camaro SS as his daily driver. I think he wants something with a little more something than a boring Buick.

The Bonneville with the 3.8 suggestion is solid. So would the Grand Prix with the 3.8. A CTS is also a great option.

Should be able to find a nice clean one of these for $10,000 or less. Did a quick check on autotrader and found 14 listings for cars with less than 75,000 miles on them between $7 - 10,000.

5. Devildog

Devildog Veteran Member

The "Buy American" crowd will hate me but what about a WRX? You will have the fun and enjoyment of a performance car with a stick and the all wheel drive ability of a truck.

My wife daily drove a WRX for years and they're fun, fast, and outstanding in the snow. You just have to find one that some punk kid didn't beat the snot out of.

6. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The offer on the table is $7500, not sure i would take $8k but $8500 and it would be his for sure.

This is it, I just put a new set of whistler headlights in it last week and it has clear corners on it.
    [​IMG]

Got one Gordo and it was going to be sold this year and upgraded to a new Sierra 1500 Denali but then they went and changed the front end for 2016 and I am in love with the new all terrain package front end... First I am struggling with the prices of the new trucks to begin with and then once I do pull the trigger I dont want to daily it because I put a minimum of 50 miles a day on a car during the week and 100 at least one day a weekend and thats just to get to work and back.

My Dmax
    [​IMG]

As far as the buick thing goes, I just cant see me going back to a 3800 series car. I had a 99 grand prix before the camaro and while it was reliable it was a very ho hum type of car. I dont need the performance the camaro has but I dont want something boring either...

I may look into the cts thing, although I just dont picture me in a cadillac to be honest... I am more the country boy kind of guy a lot of people are suprised I drive the camaro.

The WRX is another one I will have to look into some. I know nothing about Subarus and to be honest you dont see many of them around this area.

Also one more thing to mention is that I am a single 34 year old guy so that makes me lean away from the buicks except for the new ones but they are more than I will spend for a work car.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
  7. 496z28

496z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If I was in the market. Id buy that white SS in a heartbeat!! My 02 z28 was red. I like white. Damnit!! I like that car!

8. BLUE72CAMARO

BLUE72CAMARO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I will try to get a pic of it tonight. It looks a lot better with the blacked headlights, clear corners, and I changed the front SS emblems to white when I had the grille insert repainted a few months ago.

9. 496z28

496z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Is the interior leather or cloth?

10. SupplySgt

SupplySgt Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm guessing the grand prix was a GT model and not a GTP? The supercharged 3800s were entirely different animals (I had 2 of them). Still got 30mpg highway or better but they outperformed my IROC in every way except for handling and immediately off the line.

Subarus are good cars. Reliable, but the non turbo versions are anemic IMO. Even the turbo ones seem slow compared to what I'm used to. They're also a pain to work on in a lot of cases. That said, they can drive through just about anything. I've thought about one in the future for storm chasing, but it would have to have a turbo, and people ask more for them than I'm willing to pay for something that's going to see hail. I'll probably just use the truck when I'm in the southern plains, and buy a cheap FWD beater for the long range stuff. An SSEI Bonnie (the Supercharged version) being at or near the top of the list depending on what's available when it's time to buy. Room for all my equipment, great fuel mileage for a car that size, and good power.