I'm ready to surrender to the LS world!

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by dougs79Z28, May 29, 2012.

1. dougs79Z28

dougs79Z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Well, after a long break, it's time to get back at it and get this thing running! Just ordered the new Holley Terminator EFI. Should be here June 4th. My friend up in BG got the 2nd one made and is loving it so far. I have a lot to do- fuel tank modification with pump, ignition (I have the msd) get all the f body accessories installed and radiator/cooling fans. I have most everything ready to go. Will get the car back in the shop in the next two weeks to start work. Will update will pictures as progress begins so stay 'tuned'!

2. dougs79Z28

Back after a long long detour

Boy- does time fly or what! Between my son starting private High School and his motocross racing- time and money has been no existent- which meant the Camaro build got put on hold. Well- he is still racing and still in school but there's been some extra money so I have gone out and acquired some more parts. My short goal is to get it running and driving by Thanksgiving - this year! lol
    This week I got the MSD 6012 and the fuel tank set up from Tanks #TM-201, the GPA-4 fuel pump and since I'm keeping my stock gauges, the TAN-GML Fuel Sender.
    Next week will be getting the Holley full accessory kit - 20-137 and some water pump, I guess just an fbody GM one. Will post pics in days to come.

(also, if anyone tried to contact me over the last two years my email with this account was shutdown so I didn't receive any notifications) Glad to be back!

3. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

A lot of us can identify with long "detours" with our projects. Good for you for not letting the dream die! Good luck.

4. dougs79Z28

Finally towed back to the shop! Have a lot going on this week! Installing efi fuel tank, Holley terminator and Holley accessory drive.

5. dougs79Z28

After 2 weeks in the shop- it is alive! I gorgot how to get pictures uploaded due to file size (it's been soooo long) but I'll figure it out over the Holiday's and get it up to date. Holley updated my programming to run the coil packs so I didn't use the msd. Luke at Holley emailed me a tune file based off my setup. 2nd turn and crank it fired right up! idled around 1600-2300 rpm's starting the learn cycle. Had to shut it down and let the air pockets escape the radiator because it won't start learning until it reaches correct temp. Also had fuel leak in return stick 1/4" return line. We ran a 5/16 rubber line for now until I get new steel lines- also the 1/4 line held too high if fuel pressure and wouldn't let it get down to the 43psi.
    Long winded- much to tell and update. Here is a YouTube link to the start up for now. I'm so freakin excited!

http://youtu.be/S4HUVBLfiig

6. DirtyScotty

DirtyScotty Veteran Member

Cool man. I bet your excited. Have you run it long enough to get it learning? Is it close to going for a drive?

7. dougs79Z28

Finishing up some small things- should be able to drive it tomorrow.

8. Twisted72

Twisted72 Veteran Member

very nice just read all of it.. funny how life happens but you rolled and still swinging ...great built ! give me lot to think about when I get to the motor part

9. dougs79Z28

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  10. dougs79Z28

Changed intakes

Pulled the dual plane GM intake due to height. My goal is to have the stock hood and the Holley is a good 1 1/2"S shorter. Also Holley claims it outperformed the dual plane on the Dyno. Either way- I need my hood. Still will have to cut under the teardrop and use some sort of special open face breather.

Side view of dual plane.

[​IMG]