I'm thinking really hard about a Taurus PT 111 G2c

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Knuckle Dragger, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

I have the G2 and have had no problems with it. Fits my hand like it was made for me. I haven't put 100 rds through it yet so YMMV. I DID get the Lakeline recoil spring for it though. Didn't like the stock guide rod being plastic!

2. SRGN

SRGN Veteran Member

To be fair, this was on an older one since that was 10 years ago. He didn't like the feel of the Glock, and wound up with a Sig. If nothing else, this thread reminded me to call some people I haven't talked to for a while. Going to hit the range next weekend, and see what everyone else likes now. I still have my old Gen3 G19 lol.

Knuckle Dragger likes this.
  3. kenny77

kenny77 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a Taurus G2C and two things...
    The trigger is loooong, you will have to get used to it.
    The gun is thicker, and has a point on the end of the mag that doesn't conceal as well as my Smith and Wesson Shield 45 single stack that I use as CCW. The Sheild and the Springfield XDS mod 2 are the best CCW guns, if that's what you're after.
    The Taurus is a 200.00 gun to keep in your truck or car IMO.
    This is South Florida, everyone has guns and is armed.

4. Phil G

Phil G Veteran Member

Yeppers. My EDC is a North American Arms Mini .22 Magnum. 5 rds Federal HS hollow points. Also has a spare cylinder that will shoot .22 short, long, or long rifle. It IS a rifled barrel at ~1 5/8" long. Downside is it is single action only.

351maverick likes this.
  5. ZEN357

ZEN357 Veteran Member

Say what you want about Taurus, but I have 4 1911's made by them and have had no issues. I have replaced the locking hammers, with Colt Hammers, and done some other custom work to them. No issues here! They only thing I didn't like, like I said, what the locking hammer and switching them out with a Colt hammer, strut and pin solved that stupid issue. You'll be fine with a Taurus, don;t let anyone tell you otherwise.

6. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

I had a first generation PT111. Fed over 1000 rounds through it with zero issues. I always shot manufactured ammo and never reloads. I sold it for....$200 and bought the PT111 G2 for...$200. I've put about 500 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124gr through it so far without a single hiccup. Great little pistol for anybody with small to medium size gloves for the price.

7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

[QUOTE="dave@ztech, post: 3699650, member: 79682" I personally hate the Glock, funny story, however, it would take to long to tell, just let me say in a fast grad and shoot it pealed the skin off the top of my hand where the thumb and first finger connect. [/QUOTE]

Your new name "Deathwish Dave"

dave@ztech likes this.
  8. cali cruzer

cali cruzer Veteran Member

oh yeah...if you want to get silly.
    The G2C has 32 round mags available...

9. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

GoldenOne7710 likes this.
  10. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

Kudos on supporting local business. A couple hundred rounds of plinking ammo should break it in nicely...then practice with what you'll use for everyday carry. Mine is a completely different animal when using personal defense ammo vs plinkers. I REALLY like the Gold Dot 124gr for the 9mm.