Ins for your classic?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Krator, May 3, 2013.

1. FatherSon71

FatherSon71 Veteran Member

Just got rejected by Hagerty on my '71 because I had my 18 year old as a driver. They won't insure anyone with less than 5 yrs experience. So now I'm trying METLIFE. Have my cars and home with them.
    Does anyone know if there are other car insurance cos. that will allow my 18 yo to drive it? We bought it as a father son project 3 yrs ago and I would hate to have to make him wait another 3 yrs to drive it!!!
    Thanks, John

2. hhott71

hhott71 R.I.P 11/19/18 Lifetime Gold Member

State Farm.
    Cheapest around when your home and Daily driver are ins with them.

3. 72350RS

72350RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

State Farm is what we have everything insured with, including our home... everything...and had a quote on our 72 RS... Until I shopped hagerty... I never looked at Grundy, but should soon... Our 72 RS, our 73 Z, and our 66 Impala have all been insured with Hagerty. Painless, take lots of pictures, and send them a few. $50,000, no mileage constriction, under $500, but I can't remember the exact amount...

4. 72350RS

72350RS Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Maybe just different with State Fa in my state... After our roof fiasco on the house, I'm thinking of dropping them altogether, as everything my family has owned, but my classic cars, have been insured with them for 41 years.

5. jhead55

jhead55 Veteran Member

I use Hagerty because they were the only one who would cover my 20 year-old.

6. Chris71RS

Chris71RS Veteran Member

An Island called "long" in the north atlantic
    We had 2 situations last year where customers were restoring their classics but didn't have insurance on them because they weren't on the road yet. Superstorm Sandy came along and flooded their garages with 4 feet of water.... salt water for that matter!! Many companies, such as Hagerty, will insure cars under restoration so don't hesitate to get the cars insured as you see the money going into them.

Falling Objects, Fire, Theft and Flooding are just a few of the claims we've paid on cars located inside the garage. Get em insured!

7. 79zBlue

79zBlue Veteran Member

American Collectors Insurance here

8. COPO

COPO Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

State Farm since 1973.