Installing a LS1 in my 1977 Camaro

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by jerhofer, May 14, 2011.

1. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

I sold it to a local guy who couldn't get it out of his head once he saw and heard it. I agreed to replace the dash and do the other repairs prior to his getting the car. I made a little money (none if you count my time, but who's counting?) and he has an interesting car.

Yes, Matt is enjoying the LS3. He did a little tweaking on the computer program and now has it dialed in the way he wants it. The only real glitch was the master cylinder for the clutch. The one he originally bought was not allowing the clutch to fully release. Needed a bigger one for more throw. He also moved the pivot point on the clutch pedal to reduce the pedal effort. I drove it recently and it is very fast but also very tractable. You can definitely hear the cam. It appears to be making the 525HP that is it supposed to.

2. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

3. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

4. FatnLow

FatnLow Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The Corvette is looking nice. You and the wife definitely had a rough week on the road with people not seeing you two. Glad there were no injuries. I also checked out your wordpress site and that is very nice also detailing your cars and builds.

5. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

Thanks.

They say things like that come in three's and that was certainly true for us.

6. protour73

protour73 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

what a cool freaking thread!!! great stories and not about about just one car!! ;)

7. ErikNORCAL

ErikNORCAL Veteran Member

I've really enjoyed reading your posts, especially the blog and the family stories. One question, where did you get the firewall grommet you used in the ez efi install? your thread was really the only detailed one I found, currently working on adapting the ez efi multiport retrofit kit. hope everyone has a speedy recovery.

8. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

Thanks. I start these threads because I appreciate it when I find a good thread that helps me do a project. Good luck with your project.

You can get the seals here: http://www.summitracing.com/search/product-line/seals-it-split-grommet-seals

9. kawboy

kawboy Veteran Member

Jerry, I looked through your build thread on the corvette site last night and I will say very detailed as always and top notch work.

10. jerhofer

jerhofer Veteran Member

Thanks.