Interior Colors

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Codeman71, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Codeman71

Codeman71 New Member

I'm trying to figure out what colors the interior of my dad’s 71 Camaro were. The seats were sandalwood but the doors look to be a brighter white as seen in the picture from when my dad’s cousin owned it. My dad and his cousin both said the dash and carpet were also a tan color but not sure what the color was called.

Attached Files:

2. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

The interior door panels of your dads 71 are more than likely Sandalwood (TR 777). It just shows up in your pic as brighter than Sandalwood due to lighting and/or fading over time. Your dad and his cousin were right. the dash pad and carpet looked more tan than the Sandalwood upholstery because they were. If you bought a new Camaro with a Sandalwood interior at that time thats the way they came, with the tan looking dash and carpet. No separate GM name for the pad or carpet. However the underside of the carpet may still have the carpet's mfg name and lot number on a tag. One for the front half and one on the rear half.
    The Camaro Restoration Guide listed at the top of this site has alot of helpful info.

Camaro Interior 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  3. camaroz22

camaroz22 Member

In "72" it's called Covert. I have seat covers, visors, headliner, carpet, ect. in
    the Sandlewood color. (PUI Brand) that I may not use if interested.

4. stephen miller

stephen miller New Member

I was looking at my door panels and the color looked off on the doors, white seats and now this might explain why the door panels are a different color because they are not white. I thought was due to age that they lost their color. Now I know.

5. Codeman71

Codeman71 New Member

Do you have pics of the interior pieces you have?

6. 70 Proof

70 Proof Veteran Member

According to the Camaro Restoration Guide, 1972 Covert was a light tan vs Sandalwood which was lighter in color.

7. camaroz22

camaroz22 Member

72 build 039.jpg 72 build 040.jpg These are what Classic sells as Sandalwood .The seat covers have been installed on seats but never installed in car. I have visors, headliner and center door panels for a "72" along with Sandalwood carpet all new.