Internal Frame Coating

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by mk3ricks, Jun 6, 2019.

1. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

I called Eastwood and the rep told me Cavity Wax is for newer cars or newly replaced sheet metal and does not have the same corrosive neutralization properties as the Internal Frame coating hence the Zinc Phosphate. Can anyone here comment on that ... I don't know who to believe now because I've heard one side say YES Cavity Wax will work and then the other side said NOPE.

Signed
    Confused and Bewildered :whine:

hubedobeedo likes this.
  2. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

the eastwood guy is correct in his statement.if you can get most of the chunks out of the area go to the paint store either automotive hardware or automotive color and supply,these are 2 different companies that both sell quality products if their prices scare you try d+b sales on speedway over by the mall. hope this helps

dave@ztech likes this.
  3. hubedobeedo

hubedobeedo 3rd times a charm

they probably will be marketed as etch primer same thing can be coated over

4. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

5. mk3ricks

mk3ricks New Member

I'll try local supplier first that hubedobeedo mentioned and see what they have to offer if nothing there I'm going with the Eastwood Internal Frame Coating....just sucks they don't offer it in quantity

6. Scott51

Scott51 Veteran Member

really depends how far you want to go, the right cavity wax will soak into any existing corrosion and stop it from developing any further because it's no longer exposed to oxygen or water. However if you'd prefer to neutralise and or convert the rust first all of the manufacturers I mentioned sell products that are part of rust prevention systems which are completed with cavity wax.

I think 'fisholene' or 'fish oil' is referred to more commonly than cavity wax in the States? but the principle is the same.

Bare in mind Eastwood is aimed at the DIY market so the pricing, tech support and quantities often reflect this, whereas Wurth, 3M, Noxudol, Dinitrol etc. supply to manufacturers and the automotive repair industry.

If you really want to get into it check out what the classic car guys in the UK are doing, their stuff rusts baaaadd if it's not taken care of -

hubedobeedo likes this.
  7. Brian

Brian Veteran Member

I used Eastwoods internal frame coating on the rear frame rails and rockers. I cleaned them out as well as I could, taped up all the joints and seams then used an homemade extension hose to use their nozzle to reach the full length. I sprayed it till it ran out of the seams and joints. It didn't really take me very many cans. then i coated it with encapsulator and then body shultz.