Is it time to sell her?

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by 79Bluey, Jul 11, 2018.

1. 79Bluey

79Bluey Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    1CB64996-1F96-430C-800A-B49A06555C99.jpeg Lately I’ve been considering selling my 1979 Camaro Z28 but can’t seem to make that final decision. What do you guys think? Sell or keep it? If I were to sell what would it fetch? Your comments are well appreciated. Thanks.

2. Lowend

Lowend Administrator. .a car, a man, a maraca. Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mar 25, 1999
    San Jose, CA, USA
    I mean - really no one can tell you that.
    The thing I encourage everyone to remember: This is supposed to be enjoyable
    It's a big world, with lots of things to spend your time on. If you aren't enjoying the car any more than maybe it's time to move on to something else.

Mwilson likes this.
  3. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Lowend hit the nail on the head. What is the reason for wanting to sell it then work from there. Your the only one that can make the decision.

4. 77camarottop

77camarottop Veteran Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Cincinnati, OHIO
    may be interested. send me info on the car, link to pics, etc.

5. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

May 21, 2014
    Hutto, TX
    If you're thinking about selling, then you want to sell. Time to let someone else enjoy the car.
    I only say that because I have no interest in selling my cars so I don't think about it. The day when I start thinking about selling, then it's time for me to sell.
    The car is awesome, so it should be pretty quick and painless. Good luck either way. :bowtie:

6. Smokey15

Smokey15 Veteran Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Choice is yours. Wife sold her '79 (same color) 4-speed, A/C, etc. car a few years ago. She still has her '71.

7. 79Bluey

79Bluey Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Guys I really don’t want to sell it but friends say if I don’t drive it then I should get rid of it. This car was my cousins high school car and is very original and I have spent twice what it’s worth you can search my build thread. I’m afraid to drive it someone might scratch it or ding it up when parked. I wanted to hear others experience of selling their car and regretting it. Trust me it’s hard to let go.

8. jimrr

jimrr Veteran Member

Jun 12, 2016
    sarasota
  9. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

Oct 11, 2015
    North Bay, CA
    Not wanting to drive it is understandable but that doesn't mean you should sell it. If your friends opinions about selling it don't match your own thoughts about the car then you have the answer, keep it. Drive it on the weekends and enjoy it. Sounds like it has some sentimental value to you and that will go a long way in your decision. Good luck with what you decide.

10. Itsadryheat79

Itsadryheat79 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    I hear about the one that got away regret all the time. It’s usually followed by an un realistic "if I kept that car" it would be worth so much $$$. Or how about the, now I can’t afford to buy it! .... cuz keeping it costs nothing NOT.

Where is the FUN?
    Ultimately you decide what makes you happy:

• Is maintaining it at a high level so you can drive it the FUN or a problem?
    • Is just keeping it what’s important?
    Cars were built to be driven and enjoyed, we are just curators.
    IMHO - You absolutely will miss it. But you will miss it less if you replace it with something.

I keep some and I drive some but I know, “The FUN it’s always to be continued….”

BillyDean7173 likes this.