It feels like I'm running a service station here...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Back at it... replacing rear discs on the Pilot to get rid of the chugging, and I found one of the caliper pins frozen in place, pads are worn at an angle. Fixed the pin, now doing pads also, and since I'm doing the rear pads, I went ahead and got matching set for the front. Jeez...

2. Todd80Z28

Todd80Z28 Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just finished... much better. Smooth at all speeds (legal ones, that is...), and better bite from the Akebonos.

One thing though- both rear sets of pads were worn at an angle. On the driver's side, it made sense to me- that pin did not want to float. On the passenger side, though, everything floated fine, but same angle of wear. Were these things actually cut like this from new?? I've heard mention of pads designed like this for multi-piston calipers (never seen them though), but for rear single pistons? Strange.

I did have a slight problem with free movement of the new pad on the inside, passenger side rear. I can hear the slightest of slight brushing when I'm just rolling. It's barely dragging, but thinking about going back in anyway to get it floating more freely.

3. bourbon_scotch

bourbon_scotch Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good Lord. ya why waste your time

4. gramps

gramps Veteran Member

Not a waste - just I know my limits and that’s not a project I can take on and complete over a weekend. It’s been a little taxing on my time maintaining both my house and the inlaws, wish my brother in laws were a little more handy or at least less worthless.