It's been such a long time . . .

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by earlysecond, Jun 30, 2016.

1. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Hey all, its been awhile. Came to say hey but got distracted by Chuck's post about a Boston song then my thread title was born out of that.

Just wanted to say that from a creative standpoint, I have really switched gears (no pun intended) I have a 98% 1970 Chevy Camaro SS clone sitting in my garage which is currently covered in saw dust as I have begun to build electric guitars and basses. . .mostly basses because I playe bass in several bands.

I am thankful that I learned to spray finishes. I was able to transfer that skill directly to finishing wood and guitars. I am using the same products. I would share pics but abandoned hosting pics just to post them on any forum many years ago!

Couple of things:

My Camaro is for sale locally. Many of you know the car as a project I have done twice. I would prefer that it goes to somebody who would/had the ability to finish the minor things I will never do and then enjoy the hell out of it. The hobby was fun, but I have no interest in driving/showing old cars. I like to build and create and have found an outlet for that desire. If any of you have a serious interest in the car or want details on what needs completed or pricing. Give me a shout by email brent.brunner@hotmail.com.

Secondly- a shout out to Lowend. Brett, I have some questions for a fellow bass player. If you are around, give me shout via email above.

Finally, if anybody has interest in talking or seeing my practice work (still working on tightening up the details on my builds) check out my posts on talkbass.com . . . . I kept my Nasty screen name, earlysecond.

Hope you are all well. I miss all of you but times and interest change. I will likely never be able to completely return the favor of the car resto and painting knowledge I gained here at Nasty. I am forever, grateful!

Regards,
    Brent

2. Mike N

Mike N Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good to see you around, Brent. Another Bass player here, maybe not to the degree that Lowend is..... but I have stayed at a Holiday Inn before.

I'll check out your stuff on TalkBass. I've been over there for 15+ years, same screen name as here.

Take it easy,
    Mike.

3. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Veteran Member

Brent, nice to see you around, been a long time since we chatted, Hope all is well. I am always looking for another project, but suspect I can't afford anything as complete as your car is lol

4. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi Brent :cool:

5. brooksman9

brooksman9 Veteran Member

Sup

6. earlysecond

earlysecond Veteran Member

Hey guys, good hearing from?

7. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Glad to see you post8ng man. I know I appreciate all the time you took and encouragement on my build...Which is still not finished. But hopefully soon. Lots of things going on for me now.

8. pontiacstogo

pontiacstogo New Member

Hi every one.

I signed up to let everyone know about Brent. I'm not a Z28 owner, but I know Brent was a long time member, so I thought people might want to know. Sadly, Brent passed away on February 5th. His passing was sudden and unexpected. Brent and I were friends for a long time (I was his neighbor) but my wife and I moved to a different area of Altoona several years ago, and Brent and I kept in touch - we didn't see as much of each other as we used to. Brent bought his 70 Camaro not long after I bought my 74 T/A. We helped each other out with our restorations and there was plenty of friendly banter about Firebirds vs Camaros and stock vs modified.

Anyway - I just wanted to sign up quick and let people know. There may already be another thread on this somewhere and if there is, my apologies for bringing his passing up again.

Safe travels Brent, you will be missed buddy;

http://www.altoonamirror.com/obituaries/2017/02/brent-r-brunner/

Peter.

9. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

That is sad to hear. He was a great guy and very helpful on this site when he had the time to spend here. Another good guy gone.

10. PaRoadDawg

PaRoadDawg Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

R.I.P. Brent