It's so cold.....

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Twisted_Metal, Jan 29, 2019.

1. 72'z'steve

72'z'steve Veteran Member

Weather has broken here -10 now ha-but they are predicting 46 + degrees and rain for Sunday/Monday so we will have a skating rink when it freezes again.I left my Tahoe and Yukon alone outside unstarted for 4 days -both batteries weak,they are on the charger overnight.We are actually getting mail delivery tomorrow was suspended weds and today.I don't ever remember that before at least in my adult life when I cared about those things.Later Steve

2. DB Z28

DB Z28 Veteran Member

Here in Wisconsin it was so cold we opened the refrigerator up for heat.

FlaJunkie and tom3 like this.
  3. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

according to USA Today I live ONE MINUTE from the USA's BEST freshwater beach...Presque Isle State Park

right now it's frozen as F....but still fun to go & see the ice dunes

The Champ and budro6968 like this.
  4. 1980RS

1980RS Veteran Member

It was so cold here in MN. I watched my my neighbor freeze his azz of instead of me for a change plowing snow.

5. xten

xten Veteran Member

Made out pretty good. Home furnace ran a lot, shop boiler (very old, needs replaced) struggled to get to 64-65°, but as we all know, the heat's in the tools, right? No frozen pipes and it's supposed to warm up this week. Snowed about 3" overnight, but I don't think it will stick around.

6. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

A short chill like this isn't something you need to survive. The hot cocoa tasted good and by that time, the chill was gone. Today is forecast to be 70 degrees warmer than day before yesterday.

7. sal70ss

sal70ss Veteran Member

C91BF643-6664-4E19-A3E1-CE3C52040843.jpeg

8. green 1977

green 1977 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm looking forward to the warmup... but they are talking about possible rain on sunday... Rain is never good when it happens in January or February in Wisconsin

9. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

Back when I was in High school I drove up to Presque Isle from Pittsburgh with some friends to see the lake frozen for as far as I could see. It smelled like dead fish and it looked like brown waves frozen. I was driving a 66 Buick Skylark 2dr. We just hung out for a while then turned around and went back. It was just a whim. It started snowing heavy too. Good times.

10. budro6968

budro6968 Veteran Member

We used to have one pipe that liked to freeze in the basement. Our House was so leaky. very hard to keep the heat in. Plus the gas pressure would drop so the old coal furnace that was converted to gas had a hard time to get up to a decent temp. We had two fire places in our Living room. One was wood burning and the other was gas. All the rooms had a gas heater built in except for the attic where us kids rooms where. We got 2 Kerosun heaters to place in the areas where we spent the most time. Used to have to put my hand on the window to melt a spot to look out. I just had a huge down filled comforter {Piezyna} Polish for comforter,Sounds like P yah zhina with a few blankets. I stayed toasty with that. Now here in Florida we hardly ever get a real freeze. I like the cool weather here. Beats roasting your feet on the concrete.