JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Good progress John!

2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

I got to finally paint the steering column, wheel hub and my NOS bottle holder. I also started running the NOS line through the car and into the engine bay. Still trying to figure out where to come out of the cowl section. i ran the hose into the passenger lower side where my a/c line go through. Hopefully i figure it out. trying to keep my electrical wires hidden under the hood.

3. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Last week i moved my fuel log over about 6" to the passenger's side. this would stop it from getting hot from the electric fan. it was right in front of it. then i redid the lines and some fittings. i had to put a 45* on the back carb line and take off the 1/2" npt fitting on the log and straight fitting on the main fuel line. i replaced it with a 90* hose fitting to 1/2" npt. I also installed the NOS fuel line and solenoid.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also ordered new switches for the purge and NOS arming. I painted the plate and mounted the switches. the panel also has the windshield wiper switch. this panel gets installed where the original radio was. the first one is the purge, second arming and third ww.
    [​IMG]

I've been working on the NOS system, both wiring and plumbing. My electrician is now working a shutdown and i don't know when he can get back to it. i have painted the nos bottle bracket and created a new bracket for the NOS solenoid and purge. I routed my nos line through the car and to the solenoid. We started on the wiring inside and routed the wires to the solenoids. Just nothing connected. I also had to modify my NOS heater. it was too long to fit into the NOS bracket. So i cut off about 1/8" and had a friend tack it back together. it was chrome plated aluminum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also put my scratches in two of my center console aluminum pieces. then i went to a friend's house and bent it to the correct angle. I went home and cleared coated the pieces. Last night i had to sand the edges to get it to fit in the console. I still have some more trimming to do. i will have pics coming soon. Thanks for checking out my progress.

4. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Last weekend i remade the aluminum plate for the console department. i had to turn the hinge upwards though. the other way was making the plate not open properly. I also drilled and tapped the NOS bottle bracket for the heater. Once that was done, i mounted the bracket and bottle on the console. I then tried to decide where to put the blow down tube. I was going to drill a hole in the console and tunnel to exit it out of the car. I decided to run the pipe on the drivers side of the console and drill the hole not too far away from where the front seat belt bolt is located. You can get the idea from the pics below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hopefully my friend gets off his shutdown soon so we can knock out the electrical. I can't even start up the car since the steering column is removed. Thanks for checking out my progress.

5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

another pic of the NOS heater installed on bracket
    [​IMG]

6. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn Veteran Member

looking good and good progress ....

7. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Off topic, but this weekend i brought old cabinets from garage to my friend's house he is selling. he also gave me back my oxy and acyteln and Argon bottles. i helped load stuff and cleanup his yard. On Sunday, i had to clean out my wood shed. On sat, i discovered a family of mice. On Sunday they already relocated and i was able to remove everything and cleanup all the mice, roach and wasp nests. the shed was leaning all over the place so i leveled it, and pulled the top with eyebolts and a strap to put it up straight again. i moved all the locking hinges and will put some weather stripping to help keep critters out. Next i put my aluminum sheet and other stuff back in the shed. this is the first time i 15 years that i am able to see in this shed. Not car stuff, but another thing off my list to get back to the car. it also allows me to get stuff out the garage and into a new spot in the shed.
    [​IMG]

8. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Cleaned up more this weekend.My friend did make it over and he wired up about 80% of the NOS system. Hopefully he can make it again next weekend. I also drilled the hole and installed my fitting to vent off the NOS bottle. Still striving toward the end.

9. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice progress on it! Those other projects sure eat up car time don't they? I feel your pain. I have so much scattered all over, I need to take the time and build more shelves and re organize.

10. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

We finished up all the wiring on the NOS. Cleaned up garage more to get around. Still moving forward and hope to finish all the wiring this weekend.