JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

It's been awhile since last post. i have been doing mostly things around the house but did get another tool box and installed under the bench. Lowered and rebuilt my deck in backyard and general cleanup. I was also to finish up the wiring for line lock, fuse line and battery lines. Hopefully i get the column in this weekend and start it up again. i still have a few more gremlins to figure out.

70ZED and John Wright like this.
  2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

This weekend i finally got to do a few things on the car. I had to ground the light switch to get the cluster gauges to dim correctly. After grounding the switch, no luck. i researched the problem and it seems that you need an AutoMeter dimmer because of the LED lights. So now i have to purchase that and wire it in. And on top of that, you have to use the dial on the dimmer switch, not the light switch.

I installed the steering column and linkage to the rack and pinion. I hooked up my stereo and equalizer to test the stereo wiring. all seems to work, just needs to be tweaked. I then tested the NOS system. All seems good there as well. Next was to figure out why my shift indicator wasn't working. I did check all the connections with the cluster out and all seemed fine. While looking at the indicator, i was stuck in the finger by a wire. the damn hot wire just came out the circuit board. There is silicon on the back of the board. i don't think any of the wires are soldiered on. Just the silicon holding in the wires. Ridiculous on a very pricey part.

3. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

That's a shame

4. Venom Ice

Venom Ice New Member

Wow, man. Just WOW. What a great history thread on this car. Glad I found this, can't wait to read more. Incredible job you are doing, and a lot of hard, hard work. Fantastic!

5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

thanks, and sorry i never did get a chance to finish the pics.