JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

Cont.

I got to sand down the epoxy once it hardened. I will put filler on this week.
    [​IMG]

I kept going back and forth to the interior. i recovered the rear seats. i only have a pic of the rear top seat.
    [​IMG]

i also repainted the windshield wiper motor.
    [​IMG]

I didn't get it painted in July as hoping. trying to get this hood straight. Once it isn't hitting the car anymore, i will paint all the areas blue and base the entire underside.

I also installed the led lights in the trunk panels. i still need to finish the wiring. i will post pics of that next time. Thanks for checking out my progress.

hubedobeedo and 71RSLS like this.
  2. dave@ztech

dave@ztech Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Screw it, I am shipping my parts to you, HAA HA, really nice work, really like the pipe parts in the rear armrest panels , looks perfect, and what led lights are you talking about the tail lights? I am just starting my digi-tails install into my tail light buckets, reading over the wiring I am a little confused, however, I am sure aI will understand when I have all the wire cut, HAA HA, that hood has been a bear, you are much more patient then me, that would have been a stomped out pile of fiberglass by now, HAAA HA.

71RSLS likes this.
  3. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Very nice work. I've grown to really like these new epoxys. I've used them for all kinds of stuff. It is amazing how strong some of them are but allow just the amount of flex/shrinkage. The early stuff didn't and would pop any filler.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  4. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

here is a pic of the led lights. i am putting them behind the trunk panels. i am also putting in a soft white just in the trunk to give some light for the trunk.
    [​IMG]

hubedobeedo and dave@ztech like this.
  5. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

here is a pic of the rear seats.
    [​IMG]

more to come next week.

hubedobeedo and 71RSLS like this.
  6. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

That is going to look impressive.

7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

I did not fill mine in and now I kinda wish I did. Super nice job! I'll bet if I did, it would be a nightmare to paint match the factory dark green though.
    Those panels look fantastic!

8. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

well with A/C being replaced in house and other stuff going on, i have been working in between things to get this damn hood done. Lots of hours sculpting the filler with all the curves and angles. after being satisfied with the filler, i sprayed a few coats of primer and blocked. these pics are after the blocking.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i still need to block this with 320. then it's time to install on car and make sure the front section clears the radiator support. hopefully next weekend i can get it ready to paint again. the only thing that is a real hassle is installing new hood hinges and aligning the hood. thanks for checking out my progress.

hubedobeedo likes this.
  9. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Nice work! I've got to work on lining and fitting my hood up too. It's a little too wide so the front corners will pop up and it looks dumb. Haha

10. Jas0n

Jas0n Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm impressed! what an amazing job you have done! Congrats man!