JohnL71RS’s Project restart…..

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by JohnL71RS, Nov 11, 2010.

1. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

i finished sanding the primer and test fitted the hood. i had to install the hinges and aligned everything. i also put the header on the align the hood. here is a pic of the top and with the hood opened. BTW, the hinges with the struts work great.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But, there is always a but with this car, the area i built up after modifing the hood was hitting the cowl. Next, the passenger's side front was hitting the radiator support. so i cut the radiator support and bent it down. this matched the other side. i will weld it back probably this weekend. then i had to take down the area hitting the cowl and prime again. All till next weekend. Thanks for checking out my progress.

roadrace2 likes this.
  2. JohnL71RS

JohnL71RS Veteran Member

i finally repainted the underside of the hood. i did have 1 run and two puddles. i have since sanded them off. i enclosed the inner garage with plastic to make a coonass paint booth.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i will polish the hood once i find my polisher. i also took apart my new hinges and sanded the milling marks out. it didn't look good, so i gave it the satin finish that i have on all my aluminum parts. I will take off days later in the week and get garage and yard cleaned up and get the car back in the garage.

I also grinded out the solent pop and cracks in the rear spoiler. the outer piece i grinded right through it. so i fiberglassed the inner side. then i primed all the spots with the first coats. I will build up the coats tomorrow. thanks for checking out my progress.

roadrace2 likes this.
  3. Cowman

Cowman Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hi John, been a while since I checked in, looks like you've made some solid progress in my absence.

Love those hood hinges!