Jon's 1970 never ending project!!!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jondebo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Well, I haven't been using this site much as I shelved my project for a bit but here's some details on my baby. I bit off way more than I could chew so it's turned into a forever project. I bought this car in 99 and it's been in pieces ever since. As it stands now, the car is painted (poorly) and has a new motor and transmission. Here are some details and pics:

-New 1970 "010" 4 bolt main SBC 350. Fully rollerized from top to bottom. 209 angle plug Dart heads. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and Demon Carb.
    - 94-97 BW T56 LT1 six speed transmission. Wier bellhousing/hydraulic clutch kit. McLeod Disc and hat. Gear Ratios: 1st: 2.66:1, 2nd: 1.78:1, 3rd: 1.30:1, 4th: 1.00:1, 5th: 0.74:1, 6th: 0.50:1, Reverse: 3.28:1
    - PST polygraphite rebuilt front end and rear end. Front end built with new stock springs and 2" dropped spindles. Haven't arrived at a rear end drop height yet. Blocks are easy so that'll be a final assembly detail
    - Completely re-wired using painless muscle car kit. Still working on the wiring.
    - Ididit brushed aluminum tilt column.
    - Lot's more goodies!!

[[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z374/jondebo79/2010-08-23_19-43-55_119.jpg

Things I need to figure out. Suggestions/Help are welcome and appreciated! :

- What rear end gear to use? 3.73? 4.10? 4.11? The motor produces 400-450HP at the flywheel. This will be a street car. I want the benefit of the overdrive at the freeway with out it being a dog light to light. I will probably end up with a 17" or 18" tire so I figure the wheel diameter to be 26"- 27" approx. I'm thinking of just buying a Moser rear end. Gear suggestions? Axles suggestions? Help!
    - The door handles are shaved. I'd like to be able to push a button on a key remote and have the doors pop open. Any suggestions?
    - Pedals? I've installed a hydraulic clutch, master and remote resevoir. Any suggestions on pedals?
    - Brakes? I'm thinking of going with SSBC 2 piston calipers in the front and singles piston calipers on the rear. I know, I know....Wilwood, Baer.....I don't want to cut my spindle ears and I don't want to install another spindle. Any feedback?

2. joshp01

joshp01 Veteran Member

Looking good man. Once you get started again its easier to continue to work on them :) Keep the progress pics coming. Paint looks good to me. I like the color combo

3. DODGERAM106

DODGERAM106 Member

trans

I think the 373 gears would work fine.I had a 1980 z28 with a 5-speed with3.73 gears and worked great.My motor was a 96 roller 350 with about 375 hp.You do have more power and 1 more gear than I did but I think it would work out fine.Just my 2 cents....Your car is looking good......

4. DentDude

DentDude Veteran Member

Looks good to me bro!! Keep wrenchin' man,you'll get there!!

5. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm surprised no one mentioned the girl...

6. 80turbota

80turbota Member

I wanted to but didn't get to it soon enouph. Car looks good though

7. dcozzi

dcozzi Veteran Member

She's giving you the "You're an idoit" look as you pour over your car. I get that look from my girlfriend. You get the look from most women when you are enamored with your car in front of them.

8. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Yeah...and that was like 10 years ago...

...If I was still with her she'd still be giving me that same look. Isn't that sad? I painted the car 10 years ago and I haven't driven it since. Boo!

9. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Update! The dash pad is in (sort of). It fits okay I guess. I'm thinking it will tuck a little better once install all of the under dash plastic parts and it has some support. The dash just doesn't seem to tuck very well where it meet the metal portion of the dash. It sticks up a little bit. I'll keep everyone posted and will update pics once I get the plastics painted and installed.

[​IMG]

10. K5JMP

K5JMP Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

lol.. she does kinda have that "I smell pooky" look on her face;)

good looking project man.. stay at it:cool: