Jon's 1970 never ending project!!!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jondebo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Also, wanted to post some pics of what the T-56 looks like installed using the ATS crossmember. Fit's like a glove. It was kind of a bitch to install b/c you had to loosen the frame bolts but it fit although pretty snug. The adjustable mounting plates are actually taller than the clearance between the frame rail and the body. There's also a pic here of the amount of floor pan I had to cut in order to get the shifter to clear the body. Just a couple of inches. I think I got into the bracing a little bit. Any ideas on how I could brace the floor pan where I cut into it? Please note, The area cut away that is on the driver side is the handiwork of the previous owner. Ugh! I'm not that stupid :cool:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 70sbudget

70sbudget Veteran Member

just saw this thread and am thinking there is a thread for camaro pics with hot girls in them, its located in the BS section and is just CALLING her name.

nice car by the way.:crazy:

3. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Everybody seems pretty caught up with my ex here. Let me tell ya, that's a pic of her 10 years ago and she's still just as hot! She may still be single guys. Go get her!

4. 5spd540

5spd540 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Car looking good

5. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

LOL at this thread. So many guys talking over a woman that by all appearances would be totally unsupportive of the Camaro! I swear some of yall invite disaster in the form of crossed arms and nasty stares... :bowtie:

is that color purple? Get them dash clips in before the dash decides to keep that curl!

6. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Lol...She was actually very supportive of the camaro. She even helped push it off the road once when it broke down. Frankly, I think everyone's just staring at her tits. :confused: The car is Bridgewater blue, with pearl silver stripes. I found this color combo on a 1996 Viper and got the paint codes. The clips in the dash are actually torqued all the way down. I think it's just that the dash is sagging a bit under it's own weight as there is nothing underneath it (underdash plastics) to support it. Even still, it doesn't look like it's going to lay pefectly flush with the metal dash. There are no clips on the left side of the steering column at all, save for one that doesn't bolt in. I had this dash for like 10 years before installing it so that could be part of the problem. I figure, I'll get it in as good as I can and you won't really so that portion anyway as it will be covered with a dash protector.

7. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

8. COLS70-73MAN

COLS70-73MAN Veteran Member

Go with 4.10 gears. Your sixth gear makes them a 2.05. I have a 2000 Z28 with a six speed and 3.42's and it is at 1800 rpm at 80 mph. 4.10's will be about 2100 at 80 mph.

9. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Cool! Thanks for the info. Any ideas on a good direction to go with the rear end itself? I have an 8.2 10 bolt in there now. I was thinking I could find an 8.5 and then build it but it seems like it will still cost around the same price as a moser housing that comes complete with wilwood brakes. I guess I'm just trying to find a cheaper way to go and still get something that will perform.

10. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]