Jon's 1970 never ending project!!!

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jondebo, Jun 3, 2011.

1. FlaJunkie

FlaJunkie Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Have you checked the oil level in the motor yet? Just curious...

2. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Ha ha! You sound like my friends. Always making fun of the fact that it's been like 12 years and my car is still in pieces. No! I haven't checked the oil damnit! It doesn't have any oil and you know it! LOL:)

3. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

I'm about as frustrated as I can be right now. It's been 12 years and this project is going absolutley no where. I don't really have a lot of the technical expertise to do a lot of this stuff myself and I'm not making nearly the kind of money I used to. It really seems as if this thing will never realistically be done. Ugh. What a huge waste of money.

4. FlaJunkie

No pun intended! I see the tube is vertical...mine was too and the stick read the level wrong...had to rotate the tube forward a bit to get the level to read correctly.

And you don't know what waiting is! I have not driven my car since 1990! We had it together with the aftermarket front end sheetmetal at Thanksgiving to drive it for the first time. It's been 21 years since the engine was rebuilt. It was started just before Thanksgiving!

Feel any better? :D

5. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Which tube are you referrencing?

6. FlaJunkie

Sorry. The dipstick tube.

7. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Got it! Thanks! If I can actually get the car to the point where I need to be concerned with the engine oil, that will be a happy, happy day. Your much more of a lifer than I am at this point so I do feel a little better actually. Thanks! I think I've decided to take the car to a pro for the wiring and anything else that I don't believe I can handle properly. Lesson learned here: it would have been much more cost effective and time effective to have just bought a $25K camaro that was already built. Oh well!!

8. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

Update: Rear end and brakes

Got a new diff. for my ride. Sweet!!

[​IMG]

I took a detour and undercoated the car while I had the rear out. Glad I did, it covered up a lot of exposed welds and surface rust. It didn't take too long and I'm real glad I did.

[​IMG]

The rear end: 8.5' 10 bolt, 4.11 OEM gears, Eaton Trutrac Posi, Moser 33 spline axles. Just as strong as the 12 bolt IMO, without the huge cost. Total without brakes was about $1700. Me thinks it could use a cool cover but kinda broke and brakes are more important at this stage. Unfortunately, doing drums in the back. Just want to get her on the road.

[​IMG]

9. jondebo

jondebo Veteran Member

In the process of replacing all of the brake lines at the moment. I'm a little confused. Here are the lines pulled from the driver's side. The picture is looking at the ends towards the front of the car. What's the other line for, the one with the hose and clamps at the end? The fuel lines on the passenger side and the diagrams for the car only show one brake line going from the front to the rear. I'm not sure what this other line is?

[​IMG]

10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

NO........ SAY IT ISN'T SO!:eek: