Just back from a Disney vacation, and...

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Todd80Z28, Aug 6, 2019.

1. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

Years ago when our daughters were young we visited Disney in Orlando during Christmas and stayed in the Kingdom at the Contemporary hotel. That was one of our best vacations no crowds and weather was perfect.

2. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

3. jeff swisher

jeff swisher Veteran Member

When I was a kid we lived about 6 miles from Disneyland in California.
    I only remember going 1 time.
    Never seen any fireworks.

I do not have a Cell phone, Never have had one and I see all the people watching the world through theirs. It's a shame.

Friend of mine hated that I would not take pictures of my cars.
    I had a lot of very cool ones but did not own a camera.
    Most were basket cases and I would turn the junk into some nice ride.
    No before or after pictures.
    I try now to take pictures as I have a 3.2 MP camera that works decent about 20 years old but gets the job done.

4. Lars_2Gen

Lars_2Gen Veteran Member

I currently live about 6 miles from Disneyland... we can see the fireworks from my backyard. My kids have never been there. It's just too damn expensive. We did take them to Disneyworld a few years back but only because we were visiting family in FL.

jeff swisher likes this.
  5. Knuckle Dragger

Knuckle Dragger Mayor of Simpleton Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I grew up in Orange County, we could see/hear the fireworks where ever we were at. Our house was less than a mile away and we could generally feel the percussion. I like the park, but I don't like the crowds; my wife is a Disney nut. She used to go two or three times a week growing up. My wife is taking the youngest this weekend. I finally convinced her it won't hurt my feelings if she takes the boy, stays with her brother and leaves me to watch the dogs. It's just not the same for me now that the kids are grown and my oldest can't go with us.

6. SG71SS

SG71SS Veteran Member

I saw Judas Priest in Ontario California last month and virtually everyone was recording the concert with their phones. :screwup: Not me, I was watching 95 year old Rob Halford sing away. lol.

We are Disney pass holders. If you go often the passes pay themselves off. The passes offer discounts on food. Plus when the out-of-towners are here and they have to shell out money to go we just whip out our passes. There are a lot of deals you just have to look for them.

BillyDean7173 likes this.
  7. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Reading that Facebook rant, welfare mom raising her kids to be future welfare moms and prison inmates I suspect.

70lt1z28 likes this.
  8. BillyDean7173

BillyDean7173 Veteran Member

I can see taking some pics at a concert and maybe a few vids, but to spend the whole show with the phone being your focus of attention is just stupid. No one wants to see your sh*tty video on YouTube.

tom3 likes this.
  9. bfmgoalie

bfmgoalie Veteran Member

I had to get a cell phone last March. Stopped using it in June and tossed it in my desk. Let's just say I was told something I was dealing with was over and direct contact was not needed any longer. I started at Disney in '79. Been there many times since. The only thing that bothers me is the cost. I can afford it, but there's a lot of parents who would love to take their kids but they just don't have the bucks.

My baby daughter (she's 30) came to visit last year and yes, off to Disney we went. For us both, $240. Went on one ride in the Animal Kingdom. A wicked storm came and we sat around for 3.5 hours. Everything was closed. We left. No refund. That's a little unnerving.

10. carr911

carr911 Veteran Member

I think I know that guy! Lol