Just kill it already. NASCAR that is..

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Chevrolaine, May 14, 2018.

1. Zstar

Zstar Veteran Member

2. muscl car

muscl car Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Yep no more pre race prayers and no more involvement with our military during the race

Zstar likes this.
  3. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

I know nothing about your "Challenger class" but I doubt many people come to watch them race. Just overgrown go-karts for kids to learn on.

As far as "Street Stocks" go - I've built so many Street Stocks that I know you don't know what you're talking about. Those old Monte were unibody cars and any Street Stock I've ever worked on has a full chassis. I read the rules for Eriez Speedway and it says specifically that box tube is permitted from the front subframe to the rear. It also states that aftermarket frames are allowed.

Minimum wheelbase is 105". A stock Monte has a 108" wheelbase....:roadkill: Just because they use stock body panels doesn't make them "stock" cars.

4. 351maverick

351maverick Veteran Member

WOW

a 78-88 Monte Carlo is a G BODY, FULL FRAME CAR

if you really built even ONE then I would think you would know that....thanks for the laugh!

5. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

You're right - I messed up.

We only used the front clip and the rest of the frame was fabricated on the Buick Regals that we used.

BTW - tell me about the full frame Camaro in your photo...

[​IMG]

I remember the year we won the championship - one of our competitors got DQ'd because his wheelbase was too short. How does that happen if you are running a "stock" car? Why did the track check the wheelbase about 75% of the time on every car that finished in the top 5?

6. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just go drag racing...

PalmbchZ28 and Chevrolaine like this.
  7. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Fitting. Every race can have a great name. The Mickey Mouse 500, The Goofy 400, The Sleepy 300, all chasing The Pluto Cup!:D

8. 3origZlovers

3origZlovers Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Like her or not, she put a lot of butts in seats, and eyes on the tube. Replaced many of those who had already left. Had Haas not taken Gibson from her that 2nd year and given him to Busch..giving Danica rookies every year, bet she had made the chase by her 4th or 5th year. I saw the improvement in car control. I didn't see improvement in her crew chiefs or pit crews. By 3rd year, most wrecks weren't even her fault, just neanderthrals that couldn't handle getting passed by her. It's not been the same this year for sure. Hey, 228 at Indynot bad either. Bet the ratings will be up for that.

Chevrolaine likes this.
  9. The Champ

The Champ Veteran Member

Except they didn't "take" Gibson away from her.

Danica didn't like Gibson. Stewart/Haas accommodated her the change.

Her best finish under Gibson was 27th in the points in her first full season. She regressed to 28th in year two.

After the change to the "rookies" - she finished 24th the next two years, before regressing back to 28th in her final full season.

It wasn't the crew chief(s) - it was the nut behind the steering wheel.

She can drive a car fast, but she doesn't know how to race.

carr911 and Zstar like this.
  10. harbone66

harbone66 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Did she dump you for someone else in High School just before Prom night? I have never seen so one so obsessed with a person they dont know or probably ever met. If she didnt know how to race then Crapcar would have never let her on the track. Give it up, she would run circles around you in any type of race car :D

Chevrolaine and Mike N like this.