Just pulled trigger on FiTech

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by 408maro, Mar 6, 2016.

1. JKC

JKC Veteran Member

the mean street has a a/c kick up and will control 2 fans I ordered it with the command center its going on my 454 pro street 78 rs. Cant wait to get it the car is my high school car back in 84 and been on stands since 89. I am almost ready to fire it up break the cam in and have fun.

2. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Got the fuel command center in and will be mounting in place tomorrow but the actual efi won't make it in till 2nd week of April unfortunately..

One thing I looked at quickly in the instructions is that I need to vent the fuel tank and get a vented fuEl cap

3. junkyardZ28find

junkyardZ28find Veteran Member

I was informed by another forum site the guy spearheading this new EFI system was the pioneer behind the original Holley Pro Jection system which debuted back in the early 1990 era. So, there is some experience behind the system it appears.

4. stoney2677

stoney2677 Veteran Member

I emailed about this and was told you must vent cc. I have a line up to front where charcoal filter used to be. He said that's fine as long as tanks not building pressure. Don't need vented cap if you have that line still.

5. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Good info on that. I did remove everything in past and do remember plugging where the line came from on the tank. I will email and see what will be best for me. Thanks

6. CasperCasper

CasperCasper Veteran Member

Wow, that's a great price !

7. stoney2677

stoney2677 Veteran Member

Been looking at it for a while. In the end it was too much right now. Hear great things about it though.

8. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

It just worked out with timing and been saving for a bit now. The rebate helped me says what the heck right now.

It sounds like I'll need a vented cap and maybe add a filter where I capped the tank

9. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

Got my EFI kit in finally and after speaking with fitech was instructed to get some 1/4 ID fuel hose to run from FCC(fuel command center)to the tank. Not looking forward to route that but will when I get to that point.

I have mounted the FCC but I changed my radiator with a becool unit as that also came in and didn't buy enough of their coolant so can't start the car yet. So will have to wait for another week unfortunately.

But here is a issue I have I am trying to figure which will be best to solve.

I need to route the stock fuel pump to the FCC and need ideas on how to route.

Here's a few pics and last pic is off 2 ways I plan on routing the fuel hose.. thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  10. JWZ28

JWZ28 Veteran Member

What is the FCC and why is there one on both sides of the car that you have to run fuel hose to? Do you have a picture? I would run the fuel lines up the frame and then up to throttle body as close to the way they do it from the factory as possible. I'd stay away from running it up in the radiator/nose area for safety reasons.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see what's going on now.... I don't like it, but doesn't look like you have much choice.

Given your placement of the FCC, I'd run the lines up the passenger frame and across the bottom area of the core support. Make some fasteners to tie it in and keep it low and against metal frame/support until it goes up to the throttle body. That way it's down away from obstruction/moving parts.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016